M-KOPA’s mission is to make high quality energy affordable to everyone. OUR GROWTH SO FAR… M-KOPA has connected more than 400,000 homes in Kenya,Tanzania and Uganda to solar power with over 550 new homes being added every day.
- You will process and pay employees and statutory requirements within the given time by ensuring that all checks and accounts are processed correctly and accurately.
- You will report to the Payroll Manager. This is a #LI-Onsite” role.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- You will coordinate with the HR department & other departments to ensure all payroll information is received within the timelines
- You will do Payroll processing to ensure staff are paid within the timeline
- You will prepare the payroll report and payroll reconciliation report for review & approval
- You will prepare statutory reports within the given timelines (PAYE, NITA, NSSF, HELB, and all other liabilities)
- You will calculate taxes and prepare tax forms following KRA regulations (P9 forms). Assist staff file their individual annual returns
- You will assist in the preparation of payroll journals
- You will update diverse spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets) to maintain precise records
- You will respond to Payroll related queries from employees.
- You will assist in preparing any ad hoc reports that the business may require
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- 2+ years of experience in Payroll processing or a similar role
- Understanding payroll and taxes (Multi-location would be an added advantage)/ Familiarity with a payroll software
- Understanding the sections of the payslip
- Familiarity with MS Office (especially Excel)
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources, or a related field
- Handle staff confidence and safeguard payroll transactions by ensuring the confidentiality of information
What’s in it for you
- Great compensation package
- Annual Leave
- Learning & Development Support
Closing Date : 30 June. 2023