Provincial Health Office, Western Province
Provincial Health Office, Western Province in conjunction with U.S Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been implementing programs to improve the management of TB, STIs and HIV/AIDS care services in the Province since 2006. To further strengthen the programs, WPHO is inviting applications from interested persons who meet the minimum requirements to fill the following vacant positions on one year contract basis subject to renewal:
JOB TITLE: PEDIATRICS AND ADOLESCENT PROGRAM OFFICER (RE-ADVERTISING)
LOCATION: Provincial Health Office
JOB PURPOSE: To coordinate the Pediatrics and Adolescent program activities in supported districts in line with the HIV National Guidelines.
REPORTS TO: Clinical Care Specialist
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITY (MAIN DUTIES)
- Undertakes periodic technical program reviews, site visits and monitoring progress towards achievement of objectives and targets
- Design strategies to scale up pediatric and adolescent HIV case identification for Children and adolescents living with HIV
- Develops and implements strategies to ensure timely initiation of newly diagnosed CLHIV and Adolescents on ART in accordance with national guidelines.
- Develops and implements strategies for monitoring of CLHIV and adolescents initiated on ART according to HIV National Guidelines
- Spearheads development of systems to track pediatrics and adolescents missing appointments
- Undertakes identification of training needs in pediatrics and adolescents HIV care among frontline health workers in order to improve skills and competencies
- Undertakes preparation of Plans and activity budgets for Pediatrics and Adolescent ART service provision
- Undertakes coordination of uninterrupted supply of pediatrics ARV drugs and related logistics for treatment of HIV in liaison with other technical staff
- Undertakes timely pediatrics and adolescent HIV reviews and reporting of all the required reports as well as annual ad-hoc reports in the required formats
- Undertakes timely operational research activities in pediatrics and adolescent HIV
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 certificate with at least five O- level credits;
- Degree in Medicine or Advanced Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Registered with Health Professions Council of Zambia with a valid Practicing License.
- Traceable experience of two (2) years or more having worked with pediatrics and adolescents programs minimum at District level
- At least five (5) years relevant experience in HIV management
- Must be trained in WHO ART Modules
- Experience in PEPFAR supported TB/HIV programs will be an added advantage
- Trained in Project management will be an added advantage
- Ability to write technical papers and reports clearly in English
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and local languages
- Must between the Age of 21 years and 55 years
Other skills/Attributes: Computer literate, Managerial skills, Interpersonal relations, initiative
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents: Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, NRC, Academic and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration and Practicing license with relevant Professional Bodies were applicable to the address below by 17:00hrs Friday 6th November 2020.
Successful applicants will be appointed on one year contract subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication. Applications should be clearly marked on the envelope with the position being applied for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Address applications to:
The Provincial Health Director
Provincial Health Office