Ensure accurate dispensing, patient counselling and proper handling of pharmaceutical supplies for all orders and to provide effective pharmaceutical services to meet customer needs
- Diploma in Pharmacy, Enrolled with Pharmacy & Poisons Board, Professional Annual Practice License, Member of Kenya Pharmaceutical Association
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an inpatient/outpatient setting
- Knowledge of the hospital management information system
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements pharmacy policies and procedures to ensure daily operations proceed efficiently.
- Monitors and initiates action on short-expiry drugs to minimize losses.
- Liaises with the Procurement Officer on drug procurement from suppliers
- Coordinates quarterly pharmacy stock taking activity in liaison with the Procurement Officer
- Responsible for accurate interpretation and processing of clinician drug orders.
- Disseminates drug information to patients, doctors, nurses and other medical staff.
- Responsible for storage and handling of Narcotic and Psychotropic substances in line with legal requirements.
- Maintains and updates the drug database including addition, editing and deletion of relevant data.
NB: AIC Githumu Mission Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification. Candidates are advised to indicate their current and expected salary in their application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled once a suitable candidate is selected.
Candidates interested in this position should send a copy of resume to [email protected] indicating the position and expected salary on the subject.