PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGIST – GRADE KPC 7 Job Ref No. KPC/ADVT/04/2020
- Dispense prescribed drugs/medicine by practitioners at the Company Staff Clinic and provide necessary information/advice to patients about drugs and usage
- Provide periodic information on availability and stocks levels of various drugs to the Clinical
- Ensure accurate dispensing of prescriptions
- Maintain an inventory of prescriptions and all medications in the pharmacy in the SAP system
- Respond to any questions and concerns about prescribed drugs, including questions regarding possible side effects or interactions among various drugs
- Advice about the patient’s diet, exercise, or stress management in relation to prescription drugs
- Maintain patient confidentiality in relation to the dispensed medications
- Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized Institution.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience.
- Membership to a relevant professional body e.g. Kenya Pharmacy Association.
- Registered with a valid license by Pharmacy and Poisons Board (PPB).
- Proficiency in Computer applications
- Demonstrated competence in work performance.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information obtained in the course of
- Comprehensive knowledge of pharmacy and drugs
- Ability to take personal responsibility for dealing with patients’ issues and concerns.
- Makes self fully committed and available to deal with patients’ issues
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast with evolving trends in pharmacy through continuing professional education programs
Closing Date : 21 April, 2020