MaryBegg Health Services
MARYBEGG HEALTH SERVICES
POSITION: Pharmacy Technologist – (1)
LOCATION: Satelite Clinic – Solwezi
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The pharmacists will work closely with medical and nursing staff to ensure that patients receive the best medication, advising on the selection, dose and administration route. They are experts in the field of pharmacology and are responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the clinic pharmacy.
He/she will carry out their duties consistently, ethically and in line with international standards and evidence based pharmaceutical practices.
- Maintain and promote international standards of good pharmaceutical practice at all times.
- Receive written prescriptions and verify that the information contained is complete and accurate.
- Dispense, in accordance with established procedures, medication prescribed to patients by the MBHS medical team.
- Ensure that all patients are advised comprehensively of the actions of their prescribed medication, including correct dosage, side effects and signs of sensitivity.
- Maintain approved storage of all medications in stock. Ensure all stock orders are prepared on time and with proper authorisation.
- Ensure inventory of drugs stocked in the various site locations is accurate and applicable using Mary Begg EDL and ECL.
- Conduct stock takes every month or more frequently as required and as directed by the Procurement Department or the Clinic Manager.
- Ensure that maximum minimum levels are maintained and reviewed each quarter or more frequently as required by the Clinic Manager/CMO.
- Ensure new stock orders are checked on arrival and packed away appropriately. This will involve co-ordination with the logistics group and procurement team.
- Ensure all expiry dates for medications and consumables are checked monthly and that drugs are used on a first in first out (FIFO) principle.
- Ensure that all expired or close to expiry drugs and consumables are disposed of according to company policy.
- Maintain storage and cold chain of all refrigerated medications. Record fridge temperatures daily. Clear the fridge weekly and defrost monthly.
- Assist in fulfilling orders for other departments and arranging shipment.
- Assist in the development, review and revision of policies and procedures.
- Assist in the training and orientation of new personnel.
- Actively participate in staff meetings. In the absence of the pharmacist, organise a weekly pharmacy meeting with the senior doctor, unit leaders and nurses and CM (optional).
- Be a member of the disaster management group supporting the clinic in the event of a mass casualty incident (in the absence of the pharmacist).
- Ensure that all pharmaceutical products (medications/ consumables/ devices) are correctly itemised on the patient’s charge sheet.
- Prepare and submit monthly report of levels and drug usage to the Clinic Manager. If other reports are necessary, actively prepare and plan for its completion in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all pharmaceutical equipment is maintained in good working order and that a report is given to the hospital/clinic manager when equipment needs to be upgraded or replaced.
- Comply with any other duties and responsibilities as may be required from the Chief Medical Officer, Pharmacist and Hospital/Clinic Manager from time to time and within your scope of practice.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- Must have a Diploma in pharmacy or country equivalent.
- Must be registered and licenced with the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ
- Must have at least Two years experience working as Pharmacist in a busy clinic or hospital.
- Ability to work independently, pay careful attention to detail and manage multiple tasks in a fastpaced environment.
- Strong Communication. Interpersonal & Influencing Skill
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, Go to: www.marybeggclinic.bamboohr.com/jobs and attached your detailed Curriculum Vitae. Closing date: 20th April 2020.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be shortlisted and contacted. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
To apply for this job please visit www.marybeggclinic.bamboohr.com.