Nanga Farms Ltd
Nanga Farms Ltd is a large irrigated Sugarcane Estate situated 25km North East of Mazabuka in
the Southern Province of Zambia. The Company is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group and its
main activities are the cultivation of 2,860 hectares of sugarcane and the rearing of 1 ,400 head
of cattle. The Company employs approximately 1,100 employees at peak season. The company
now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position:
JOB TITLE: PLUMBER
Reporting to the Building Foreman, the main purpose of the job is to Install, Repair, Maintenance of pipes, Valves / Taps, Fittings, Drainage systems, fixtures, ensuring all subordinates are in the right PPE and any other jobs assigned from time to time.
- Install, repair, and maintain pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, and fixtures in commercial and residential structures.
- Collaborate with external contractors and electricians.
- Perform routine inspections of plumbing and drainage systems.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve plumbing emergencies.
- Keeping of accurate records of time spent working, description of work performed and materials used.
- Preparations cost estimates.
Plumber top skills & proficiencies:
- Able to prepare cost estimates.
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and rough drawings.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and safety practices.
- Good Written and Verbal Communication.
- Must be sober, Honest, trustworthy and good character.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Craft Certificate in Plumbing and Sheet metal.
- Minimum of two years post qualifying experience in a similar position.
- Good interpersonal and technical skills, personal organization as well as high level of integrity are required.
- Should be 30 years and above.
Candidates who meet the above specifications should apply before 18th May 2021, enclosing their detailed CV (together with references) and soft copies of educational and professional qualifications, contact address and valid phone number, and then send via email to: [email protected]
The application letter should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Officer
Nanga Farms Ltd
P O Box 670079
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]