In 2008, the Government of Kenya approved the creation of Konza Technology City as a flagship Kenya Vision 2030 project. Vision 2030 aims to create a globally competitive and prosperous nation with a high quality of life by 2030. As part of this vision, Konza will be a sustainable, world class technology hub and major economic driver for Kenya. Konza was initially conceived to capture the growing global Business Processing Outsourcing and Information Technology Enabled Services (BPO/ITES) sectors in Kenya. BPO/ITES business produced US$110 billion in revenues in 2010. Revenues from this industry are expected to increase three-fold to US$300 billion by 2015. Africa attracts about 1% of the total revenues accruing from this growing industry. Only a few African countries, including South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana and Mauritius, have made an effort to develop their BPO/ITES industries. Given the robust tech industry already in Nairobi, Kenya has a unique opportunity to capture a sizable amount of the growing global BPO/ITES industry. In 2009, the Government of Kenya hired the International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank, to advise on the development and implementation of a world-class technology city, which would grow the BPO/ITES and other technology industries in Kenya. The Government commissioned feasibility studies that demonstrated the viability of Konza, the focus on BPO/ITES, and its potential contributions to local economic development. The studies conducted include a Strategic Environmental and Social Assessment, Legal and Regulatory Due Diligence, and a Demand Assessment. The initial feasibility and concept master plan was prepared by Deloitte and Pell Frischmann, a United Kingdom based consultancy. Pell Frischmann proposed the establishment of Konza, a technology park with world class infrastructure that will be sustainable and have inclusive growth as key drivers. In 2009, The Konza Technology City project was initiated with the procurement of a 5,000 acre parcel of land at Malili Ranch, 60km south east of Nairobi along Mombasa-Nairobi A109 road. With this, the realization of Africa’s Silicon Savannah officially launched. In 2012, the Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology retained a team of consultants led by New York City based HR&A Advisors, Inc. to prepare a detailed business plan and master plan for Phase 1
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing brand strategy and positioning, tracking and measuring its performance to inform future activity
- Monitoring and Measuring marketing effectiveness which includes identifying appropriate metrics and ensuring that all marketing activities are monitored on an ongoing basis and measured for their effectiveness
- Developing and managing appropriate channels and partners to meet changing customer needs and business goals
- Managing and disseminating content in all the organizations touch points
- Conducting customer and market research
- Contribution to determining competitive positioning of Konza Technopolis
- Implementing marketing programs to deliver value and attract and retain Investors and investment
- Coordinating the outreach programs / activities – call centre by providing answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs), and project queries.
Person Specification For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Minimum eight (8) years relevant experience, three (3) of which must have been at a supervisory level.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications studies, journalism or similar qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or similar qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Professional qualification and membership to a Chartered Institute of Marketers (CIM) or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Computer Applications.
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Post Graduate/Masters
- Business Management
- Postgraduate program in management for executives(PGPX)
- 8-10 years of Experince in prefered industry
Closing Date : 17 April, 2020