Ministry of Water Development, Sanitation and Environmental Protection
MINISTRY OF WATER DEVELOPMENT, SANITATION AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
P.O BOX 50288
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambians for the position of Procurement Specialist for the Lake Tanganyika Development Project (LTDP) to be stationed in Mpulungu, for a period of two (02) years.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for planning, supervising and coordinating procurement activities for works, goods and services according to the Procurement Plan. Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Initiate procurement requirements by different stakeholders of the Project
- Prepare Procurernent Plans and updates in consultation with the concerned stakeholders.
- Develop institutional systems and procedures of procurement and give advice to implementing organizations (MWDSEP, Provinces and Districts) to ensure that procurement is carried out according to AfDB and Government guidelines, rules and procedures as applicable.
- Develop/ update the procurement manual as necessary and ensure participating staff are aware of its provisions.
- Keep up to date database with domestic/ local and international market trends and costs for works, goods and services.
- Take the lead in the pre-contract activities including facilitating preparation of bidding documents and requests tar proposals in consultation with MWDSEP using AfDB Standard Bidding Documents as applicable and take the lead in ensuring compliance to approval requirements of the AfDB and the Government: in the procurement. Take the lead and guide the PCU /MWDSEP, Provincial and District offices in negotiating as applicable and in finalizing and signing Purchase Orders or contracts with works contractors, suppliers or consultants.
- Work jointly with Finance and Administration sub-units on procurement issues.
- Receive and secure Bid Bonds, performance and advance payment guarantees and track their validity, seek extensions as needed and ensure timely release.
- Work with the assigned Financial Management Staff and follow-up an all necessary process of securing Letters of Credit, shipping documents and clearance of goods etc.
- Establish a Procurement Tracking System and monitor implementation of projects procurement activities including dispatch of procurement documents, short-landings, damaged and necessary arranaernents for insurance-Guide/ support the Project Coordinator assigned for each contract and ensure that there are effective contract management systems in place for timely execution of contract and that all payments are in line with contract provision, Prepare Periodic Status Reports on the procurement of works, goods and services under the project for su bmission to MWDSEP and AfDB.
- Conduct procurement and contract management training for participating staff.
- Undertake any other duties, related to the Project procurement that may be assigned by the Project Coordinator
Detailed Terms of Reference can be obtained from the office of the Director, Environmental Management Department through email to: [email protected]
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate must have:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in Purchasing and Supply Management or a Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management (CIPS Level 6) or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in procurement and supplies, of which a minimum of three (3) should have been with a donor funded Agency / Programme
- Experience with AOB funded proj ects is an added advantage
- Must possess a Valid ZIPS Practicing License
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- The candidate must be familiar with public procurement, legal, administrative and institutional system of the AIDB and the Government;
- Procurement experience with donor funded Projects;
- Computer literate with demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Access, or equivalent and the ability to develop, install and manage databases;
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, including ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries;
- Strong organizing, work planning and scheduling skills; and Excellent communication and presentation skills, and must be fluent in English.
Application letters, in a sealed envelope marked “PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST” should be submitted together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional certificates to the address above or hand delivered to:
The office of Director, Human Resources and Administration, Ministry of Water Development, Sanitation and Environmental Protection, Third Floor, Mukuba Pension House, LUSAKA, The closing date far receiving applications is 26th October, 2020,
Mabvuto Sakala (Mr.)