The Project Coordinator post is located in the UNFPA Rwanda Country Office to provide strategic, technical and programmatic support to the 3-year KOICA funded project (2020-2023) on “Empowering adolescents and young people in Rwanda to realize their human right to equality, sexual and reproductive health and freedom from violence and discrimination”.
S/he will act as the project’s focal point, ensuring quality and timely implementation of the project activities, outreach, and day-to-day liaison with the donor, implementing partners, stakeholders and government partners, while working in an integrated and collaborative manner with the Country Office’s programme and operations staff.
S/he will work under the overall supervision of the Deputy Representative and report directly to the head of the Adolescents & Youth Unit.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Masters degree in public health, social sciences, demography, development studies or other related fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in public health, project management and development relevant to sexual and reproductive health, gender, population and development, of which at least 3 years at the international level is desirable;
- Experience working in collaboration with government, development partners, civil society organizations, private sector, and youth-led organizations, in particular on issues affecting adolescents & youth;
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with team members to achieve demonstrable results;
- Highly motivated, proactive, able to work independently with proven ability to exercise sound judgement and initiative, working in harmony with people from different backgrounds and cultures;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills;
- Familiarity with UNFPA’s mandate, policies and procedures, and experience in programme and/or technical assistance with the UN System and other international development organizations;
- Experience in the Eastern and Southern Africa region is a strong asset;
- Proficiency in current office software applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Fluency in English;
Closing Date : 16th April, 2020.