The European Union Delegation to Zambia and COMESA
The European Union Delegation to Zambia and COMESA is looking
Functions and Duties:
To assist the Head of the Cooperation Section of the European Union Delegation to Zambia and COMESA in the management of horizontal files, including programming of assistance, quality review, integration of cross cutting issues; M&E matters; coordination with EU Member States, development partners, Government of Zambia, civil society; Management of technical cooperation facility.
- Act as the focal point for M&E, including: a) coordination of annual M&E planning and follow up; b) coordination of results-orientated monitoring missions and end of project results reporting exercise; c) assistance to Cooperation section colleagues in the preparation of terms of reference for evaluation contracts
- Support the Head of Cooperation in promoting aid effectiveness including coordination of joint programming with EU Member States.
- Support communication initiatives by ensuring adequate preparation and checking of results data;
- Assist in the review of action documents as regards log-frames, indicators and integration of cross-cutting issues.
- Assist in the organisation of regular coordination with Government of Zambia, EU Member States Embassies, cooperating partners as required;
- Support coordination with EU Headquarters, including organisation of missions to Zambia
- Act as project manager for assistance provided to the Programme Support Unit in the Ministry of Finance;
- Monitor implementation of Technical Cooperation Facility, including coordination of updates;
- Assist in the procurement of services, supplies and works using relevant EU procedures (drafting ToRs, launching tenders, concluding contracts and approving payments) as required.
- Contribute to the regular reporting exercises
- Participate in policy and technical meetings with stakeholders
Education and Training
- Completed university studies corresponding to a four-year duration attested preferably by a Master’s Degree in a relevant thematic area like Social or Political Sciences, Economics, Development studies or equivalent field.
- Relevant professional experience in the areas covered under main tasks (i.e., management of development assistance, monitoring and evaluation, results reporting, donor coordination, integration of cross-cutting issues) of at least five years.
- Professional experience in procurement, contract management (backed by concrete examples) will be an advantage.
- Prior experience in working with a bilateral or multilateral organisation or development agency will be an advantage.
- Capacity to communicate clearly, presenting complex matters in an understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
- Good analytical skills, organisational skills, capacity to focus on priorities.
- Computer literacy (knowledge of MS Office, presentation programmes)
- Familiarity with EU project management procedures will be an advantage
Excellent command of English
Strong sense of responsibility and initiative; commitment and integrity; capacity to work in a multicultural environment/team; Ability to work and deliver under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands; Ability to deal helpfully and courteously with people and to build productive and cooperative working relationships.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to
Mentioning in the subject line: “Vacancy: Project Officer Cooperation”
The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV with at least two traceable relevant former employers’ referees and scanned copy of relevant qualifications (educational and working experience).
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The selected candidate should be able to provide the original documents of the required educational and professional experience.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone.
Please address any queries concerning this procedure to:
The deadline for applications is: 27 July 2020 at 17hrs00
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Interested parties that do not fulfil the minimum requirements should NOT apply. To apply please visit eeas.europa.eu.