Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for an experienced, vibrant and self-starter to fill the following Positions;
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT X 1 (MANSA) – BMZ PROJECT
(1 Year contract)
The Project Accountant will be based in Mansa, at our Plan International Zambia, Luapula Program Area Office and will exists to support the BMZ / Plan International Germany supported project “Strengthening Civil Society to End Child Marriage in Eastern and Southern Africa”. The Incumbent is responsible for providing all necessary financial information of the BMZ project and the Centre of Excellence
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Timely processing of the program operational funds as per Cash forecasts
- Entering payments in GL and maintaining GL log register
- Keep cheque books secure and maintain cheque book register
- work with the partner Accountant to prepare financial reports
- Preparation of payments and cash receipts.
- Coordination of Banking Activities
- Filing of all financial records
- Prepare timely intercompany re-charges and pass to relevant offices.
- Support tracking of expenditure and payments for all Centre Of Excellence activities
- A Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
- Well versed in computerized accounting applications
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Ability to take charge of the accounting functions in the absence of the Accountant.
- Appreciation of child rights
- Analytical skills
- Knowledgeable in International Financial Reporting Standards
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 4th December, 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A, Off Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.