Leonard Cheshire Disability
Job title: Project Accounts Assistant
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for all accounting and commercial activities of the Project with a full awareness of the General Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal controls over financial reporting.
- Develop and maintain the Project accounting systems, accurately imputing expenditure against correct codes and projects.
- Be responsible for and manage income received from the Lead Partner and to prepare accurate monthly financial reports, expenditure reports and any other reports as requested by the supervisor.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all staff receive the correct contractual salaries and ensure correct deductions are made and submitted together with returns on time to the relevant authorities.
- Be responsible for the preparation of the annual, quarterly budgets and cash requests. a Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and submit to the Finance Manager together with bank statements every first week of the month.
- Take the lead in the annual audits of the project with the support from the Finance Manager.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Accountancy or degree in accounting and/or a recognized accounting qualification (ZICA Tech, CAT or part qualified ACCA or equivalent)
- Member of ZICA
Essential other requirements:
- Knowledge of designing and implementing financial controls and systems.
- A good understanding of budgets and strong financial management skills.
- Good or Excellent Excel user.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting package.
- Ability to work independently.
- Worked for NGOs for more than 3 years.
- Experience in managing institutional donor funds (e.g. ELI, DFID, USAID).
How to Apply: Applicant must submit their credentials that is CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Closing date 9th October 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]