Jesus Cares Ministries (JCM)
Jesus Cares Ministries is a Faith Based NGO with a call to do development work and bring transformation in poor and vulnerable communities working through the Government Line Ministries, the local churches and the communities. In Partnership with Rural Finance Expansion Programme (RUFEP). JCM is implementing a project entitled “Facilitating Linkages to Financial Services And Products For 203 Self Help Groups (SHGs) Based In Kabwe, Kapiri Mposhi, Chipata And Katete Districts of Zambia.”
Jesus Cares Ministries is therefore inviting applications from suitably qualified, innovative and Christian individuals to take up the following position: –
PROJECT COORDINATOR (1)
Working under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the Project Coordinator will be based in Lusaka and responsible for implementation and coordinating all the project activities on SHGs and networking with other partners and stakeholders at district and community level. S/he will ensure that project resources are managed as per JCM and donor standard, supervision of other staff on the project and finalising reports for submission to the project manager.
The key responsibilities of the Project Coordinator will include, but are not limited to:
- To supervise all staff on the project and coordinate project implementation in the four
- To facilitate the development and implementations of work plans in all project sites.
- Link SHGs to Micro-Finance services and products; including facilitating the opening of mobile banking platform account.
- Facilitate the development of training modules.
- Facilitate capacity building training and mentorship in financial management, business and
entrepreneurship for SHGs in all project sites.
- Network and facilitate forums for review, learning, documentation of best practices and
information sharing with key stakeholders and partners.
- Track and supervise and budget lines on the usage of funds.
- Conduct awareness on financial literacy and services.
- Monitoring performance and produce timely reports for review to the Project Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Development Studies or Social Science.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience working with Non-Governmental Organization and government bodies in economic empowerment programme especially for women and youths.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in Village Banking/Self Help Group.
- Skills and experience in linking saving group to digital mobile banking platform and other financial products.
- Substantial people and programme management experience.
- Representational and advocacy skills.
How to Apply:
Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been direct supervisor, through email to: Human Resource Officer at [email protected] PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 25th September 2020. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Jesus Cares Ministries is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jesus Cares Ministries reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]