Zambia CBNRM Forum
The Zambia Community Based Natural Resources Management (CBNRM)
Category: Senior Professional:
This is a high level competence position requiring highly motivated and skilled personality to drive the flagship governance project. The Project Coordinator will coordinate the planning, implementation and tracking of a portfolio of the project as well as provide technical oversight in enhancing the management and governance of priority protected areas by addressing existing limitations. He/She will be also expected to provide leadership in supporting local communities’ initiatives aiming to enhance the livelihoods of local people whilst effectively contributing to protected areas management.
1. Lead project work planning, ensuring that annual and monthly plans align with project objectives and the overall project workplan while adopting an adaptive approach to modify plans where necessary.
2. Coordinate the implementation of work plans ensuring that the different activities are implemented as planned and are well aligned with activities of partners and collaborators at site and national levels
3. Manage the project budget – lead the development of annual budgets, monitor expenditure versus the budget, identify and resolve any concerns in consultation with Rodgers Lubilo and Phil Franks.
4. Provide technical oversight of the project to ensure that project activities are implemented in the appropriate way and to a high standard, consulting with Rodgers Lubilo and Phil Franks where necessary.
5. Act as lead facilitator for GAPA assessments and for all planning and review meetings at the 6 target GMAs. Over time part of this responsibility may be delegated to Project Assistants.
6. Review reports of assessments, planning and progress review meetings that have been prepared by assistant to ensure they are complete and of good quality.
7. Contribute to the development of reports and other materials to be led by IIED.
8. Manage contracts with national consultants to ensure they have a clear TOR and that they deliver as intended, including the contract with Donald Chikumbi/CBU for facilitating SAGE assessments.
9. Prepare the narrative for progress reports as required by the donor and liaise with finance staff to ensure the financial report is prepared on time.
10. Ensure close collaboration of this project with other initiatives in Zambia that have an interest in CBNRM in GMAs, learning from them and sharing learning of our project to maximise the impact of our project beyond our 6 target GMAs
11. Represent the project at relevant national and regional meetings, including regional meetings of the BIOPAMA programme, and at global level meetings if requested.
1. BSc or MSc in a relevant social or natural science.
2. At least 5-10 years’ experience working with communities in the context of NRM or conservation
3. Strong project management skills.
4. Good understanding of the concepts of good governance (ideally in the context of CBNRM) and a keen interest in learning more about governance and equity in a CBNRM context.
5. Good writing skills.
6. Good interpersonal skills.
7. Proven competence in collaborating with and sharing learning with related initiatives.
8. Membership of the Zambia CBNRM Forum is an added advantage.
Applications must include a cover letter and complete CV of not more than 5 pages with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the Recruiting Officer, via email to: [email protected] by Friday, 31st July, 2020 at 17:00hrs.
Note that the CV and Cover letter MUST be in PDF form. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Zambia CBNRM Forum is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.