Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following position:
Project Coordinator-Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition IMAM (Central, Luapula & Eastern Provinces)
The IMAM Project Coordinator is responsible for the emergency projects/programs designing, overall coordination, implementation and reporting of emergency response projects in (both financial and programmatic) in the provinces. S/He will support the humanitarian and rehabilitation projects in in the province where assigned, implementing donor funded projects under Nutrition sector
- To ensure emergency assessments are undertaken and implement integrated emergency response, recovery and exit strategies.
- Coordinate the development of all project implementation plans and budgets within the framework of the agreed emergency response programme and strategy.
- Assist and advise the Program Area Manager, National Emergency Project Manager and Emergency Response Manager with securing donor funding for emergency projects.
- Support project design and proposal preparations for institutional and public funding
- Maintain ongoing surveillance of the developing humanitarian emergency situation and in consultation with the National Project Manager and Emergency Response Manager adjust activities accordingly;
- MSC/BSc in Health related field (Nursing, Nutrition, HO), Rural Development, Agriculture, Economics, Development studies or other related fields
- Minimum more than five years of experience for MSC/Degree holders
- Knowledge of Plan policies and procedures, Sphere and the Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of child rights programming
- Good knowledge of field level realities of humanitarian work;
- Experience of working in agro-pastoral context and speak local language;
All applications close Tuesday 14th April, 2020. Please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]