World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator – PFISER Project will provide day to day leadership in the implementation of the project to the project ensuring that all project activities are implemented in a timely and efficient, and effective manner and according to the agreed World Vision Uganda, and Donor World Vision Korea guidelines. He/she will make sure monitoring, evaluation and reporting happen timely and all resources – including finances – are managed well.
The Project Coordinator will provide leadership to project team in coordination for all aspects related to project activities in Bugiri District.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide and provide technical support to project officers.
- Coordinate project activity implementation.
- Strengthen capacity of implementing partners at village, sub county and district level
- Ensure the project targets achieved and deliver the project goals in an effective way
Project monitoring and evaluation
- Support effective monitoring, documentation and reporting in compliance with agreed standards
- Ensure full participation of beneficiary communities in design, monitoring and evaluation by attending community mobilizations, meetings and community trainings.
- Work closely with health specialist for the purpose of the project quality assurance
- Ensure proper management of financial resources and assets in line with WV policies and donor requirements
- Support partners and sub grantees to adhere to WV finance and asset management policies
Performance management and supervision
- Work with the procurement officers and engineer to ensure appropriate materials are purchased and construction process of infrastructure under the project are adhered to the contract agreement
- Compile required relevant documents ensuring quality implementation of the project in line with the standards addressing the particular response
- Ensure that field staff are aware of Government policy direction and donor trends
Networking and collaboration
- Engage with the National, District and Sub County Health authorities and support the Program Manager in managing relations with government structures and civil society coalitions
- Effectively network with local government structure and any other agencies undertaking activities in the target community and ensure that such activities are well integrated with World Vision and community activities to promote sustainability and ownership of interventions in planning and implementation.
- Identify areas for lobbying and advocacy and work with the Health and WASH Advisor to develop action plans/initiatives to address the same.
Documentation and reporting
- Compile field visit and data validation reports and identify opportunities for improvement and present monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports in line with WV & donor standards to the Program Manager.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the World Vision Project Coordinator – PFISER Project job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in or health related discipline.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health is an added advantage
- Three years’ experience in managing similar related projects programs or projects
- Experience managing/implementing comHealth activities will be very important
- High level of understanding the health programming
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to work with diverse teams across the organization
- Excellent skills required in program design, reporting, documentation, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in working communities with good knowledge of public health system and structures
- Must be creative individual with strong sense of vision, commitment and priorities
- A mature and committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
- Must have strong organizational skills and an ability to work with diverse teams across considerable distances Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and strong interpersonal skills
- Report writing skills,
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Solution oriented approaches and management of diverse human resource.
- Computer Literacy
- Resource mobilization
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae. Apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 27th March 2020