Save the Children International – Zambia
The world’s leading independent organization
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Position: Project Driver – SUNII (x4)
Duty Station: Kaoma, Kalabo, Mongu & Shangombo
The Driver is responsible for providing support in the area of staff road travel needs, ensuring the maintenance and effective running of SUN II field vehicles.
The incumbent will be reporting to District Project Officer – Nutrition with dotted line to the Supply Chain & Fleet Officer.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- To drive office staff and any other visitors as assigned.
- To be responsible for all office vehicles including scheduling service
- To ensure that all cars are kept clean at all times.
- To deliver all mail, cheque payments and parcels to designated places.
- To ensure that all vehicles are roadworthy at all times.
- To follow up fuel account for office vehicles and carry out fuel reconciliation
- Prepare monthly vehicle analysis report.
- Responsible for routine vehicle maintenance inspection checks.
- Ensure that all vehicles are clean at all times
- Assisting in making payments as well as bank withdrawals and deposits.
- Ensuring timely statutory vehicle payments such as road taxes, vehicle insurance and fitness are effected.
- Regular and accurate updating of vehicle log books.
- Monitoring vehicle performance.
- Preparation of the monthly personal usage of vehicles.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 certificate
- Valid clean driver’s license – Class C
- Certificate in Auto mechanics/ skills of minor vehicle repair
- CIPS certificate will be an added advantage
- 5 years working experience in a reputable organization
- Must be self-driven, honest, and have the ability to work well under pressure
The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Level 2 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have minimal contact with or access to children or young people.
How to Apply: follow the link below:
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
The closing date for receipt of applications is 26th October 2020. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.