Save the Children International – Zambia
The world’s leading independent organization
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Position: Project Officer MEAL (x4)
Duty Station: Kaoma, Kalabo, Mongu & Shangombo
The Project Officer-MEAL will be responsible for the design and implementation of the M&E system that fully meets the tracking, documentation and reporting needs of the SUN II project. The Incumbent will be responsible for strengthening of MEAL systems including indicator identification, development of data collection tools, regular data collection and monitoring of implementation activities; data analysis and storage. The incumbent will support programme staff in documentation of key project outcomes as identified through data collection. Project Officer-MEAL will work closely with District Coordinators, Programme Manager –SUN II, MEAL staff within SCI and other MEAL staff from Government Line Ministries.
The incumbent will be reporting to Provincial Coordinator – Nutrition SUNII with dotted line to the MEAL Manager
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct site visits to assess project progress.
- Development of relevant data collection tools.
- Oversee data collection, collation, storage, analysis and reporting
- Capacity building of Government Line Ministries’ s staff in the use of SUN II MEAL tools
- Facilitate timely compilation and submission of District reports
- Devise and Implement accountability mechanisms at District level, such as complaints response mechanisms.
- Ensure that activities are carried out to raise awareness of prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse and handling of serious complaints in line with child safeguarding policy.
- Support the District Coordinator to ensure that activities are carried out with participation from children and target communities.
- Tap into internal and external best practice in the MEAL sector and help to introduce this for the benefit of the SUN II project.
- Strengthen capacity of Government Line Ministry staff (Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries, Ministry of Community Development and Social Services and Ministry of Local government) in Result Based reporting on Multi-Sectoral Nutrition interventions.
- Support capacity building of implementing Government Line Ministries in documentation.
- Ensure compliance with all donor requirements.
Documentation and Reporting
- Timely preparation and submission of programme reports (monthly, semi-annual, annual) to the donors.
- Review of Government Line Ministries’ reports (narrative and financial) and providing feedback.
- Participate in documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices.
- Network with other likeminded organizations including government to share best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree in Economics, Demography or Development Studies.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in monitoring and evaluation;
- Working knowledge and experience of Multi-sectoral nutrition programming
- Familiar with at least one data analysis software such as SPSS
- Experience working with Log frames/Results Frameworks.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve objectives.
- English language proficiency a must, local languages an added advantage
- Strong communication (verbal and writing skills), interpersonal and representational skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to dynamic changes and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of word, Microsoft excel and power point.
The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
How to Apply: follow the link below.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
The closing date for receipt of applications is 26th October 2020. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.