SOCIETY FOR FAMILY HEALTH
Better Choices, Healthier Lives
Quality Assurance Manager – Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Program
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading Local Zambian Organisation with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. SFH’s work ranges from on the ground implementation of health services, and community programs to distribution of health care products and services to the most vulnerable populations. SFH also provides life-saving products, clinical services and behaviour change communications that empower the most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
SFH seeks an experienced-dynamic individual for the position of Quality Assurance Manager, Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program (DHAPP). The Manager will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of the quality assurance/quality improvement component of the Military Specific HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Program for PEPFAR including Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision, HIV Testing Services, HIV Treatment, Cervical Cancer screening, TB control and Viral Load Scale-up. The Manager will work in close collaboration with the Project Director, the donor, Zambian Defense Force (ZDF), Society for Family Health Leadership Team, partner organizations, Ministry of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders, to ensure that SFH supports the country in achieving the goals of reaching HIV epidemic control in Zambia. This position is based in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Project Director.
This position is contingent upon award from the U.S. Department of Defense. Zambian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the implementation of quality assurance/quality improvement (QA/QI) systems of SFH health services for DOD project. S/he monitors health service operations and ensures compliance to stipulated minimum Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs), works with Project Leads to assess and provide guidance on Quality Assurance deliverables are met in each project. S/he works closely with HQ M&E Teams to ensure completeness of documentation and ensure data quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the implementation of Quality Assurance systems and monitors quality performance in all SFH supported health services and operations for projects.
- Supervises regional QA staff (Regional QA Officers and Technical Officers) involved in service to ensure quality of services.
- Participate in government led efforts to refine methods and systems for quality improvements of HIV/AIDS services.
- Coordinate in addressing incidents or Quality Assurance related issues across functional teams. Summarize issues/problems and drive towards solutions.
- Manage Quality Assurance/Quality Control related deadlines throughout life of project.
- Conducts regular supportive visits to regional teams and provide on–site support and ensuring corrective feedback in selected areas.
- Provide technical support to training curriculum needs development, assessment and monitoring tools development in all health service programs.
- Identifies training need gaps and develop an annual training plan in liaison regional teams.
- Conducts clinical skills trainings along with Ministry of Health Trainers as needed.
- Working with the M&E team to verify completeness of data, compliance to standard operating procedures, compile findings and disseminate to teams for quality improvement actions.
- Periodically review Quality Assurance processes/requirements.
- Carries out data analysis for decision making: QA dashboard data analysis, using visualization software, to produce monthly and quarterly reports and to inform work plans.
- Compiles monthly and/or quarterly QA donor reports, stipulating clear findings of the quality assessments and other activities and provide recommendations for quality improvement.
- Utilizes QA online resources for informed programming of QA work and keep up to date with industry practices.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, clinical medicine or nursing
- A Masters in public health will be an added advantage
- 8 years’ experience in project management
- 5 years work experience in clinical services and HIV programs
- Experience in staff supervision
- Experience in training, mentoring and quality assurance systems
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs
- Experience working with NGOs and other partners
- Ability to travel out-of-station extensively
Other skills and attributes
- Good Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Computer literate, especially with the Microsoft Office package
- Proficient use of excel required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team worker, supportive and approachable
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV TO: [email protected] . Clearly indicate, “Quality Assurance Manager – DOD”. Closing Date: 27th March 2020.
SFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression