QUALITY CONTROL INTERN
Your job as a Quality Control Intern is a highly focused position to ensure that the products manufactured in the organization fit the purpose and meet the customer expectations and legal compliance.
RESPONSIBILTIES AND TASKS:
- Utilize quality tools and lab equipment and various data sources in order to determine causes of quality issues.
- Evaluate the company’s product specifications and examine produced product to ensure that it conforms.
- Carry out vendor appraisals and rating for purposes of ensuring good quality products/materials are used in the factory where necessary conduct vendor site audits.
- To reject or recommend the non-usage of finished products or raw material both internal and external that do not meet the recommended standard for purposes of protecting both our internal and external customers
- Develop and implement standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Set quality assurance compliance objectives to achieve the targets.
- Ensure production area and factory compliance with company, national and international and national legislation and standards perform daily regular checks prior to during and after production identify any non-compliance, in conjunction with the responsible supervisors ensure issues are sorted so as to;
- Ensure product compliance with company, national and international and national legislation and standards.
- Maintain and set up documentation and control procedures.
- Working closely with clients and other departments to resolve any quality issues.
- Recommend modifications and changes, if any, to the appropriate departments.
- To reject/recommend the non-usage of finished products or raw material both internal and external that do not meet the recommended standard.
- To recommend any disciplinary action on any staff who acts contrary to the quality objectives and procedures established by the company.
- Recommend and sign/approve any quality documents within his/her jurisdiction
- Any other job related tasks assigned to you by your supervisor.
- Monitor the Pre-Operational and Operational Inspections conducted by the Quality Checkers on a rotational basis
- Check documentation reviews performed by the Quality Checkers.
- Direct employees engaged in testing and checking product.
- Oversee destruction of nonconforming product in conjunction with the accounts department, ensure that environmental concerns are considered during disposal and where possible utilize the best possible recycling options.
- Determine relevant quality associated training requirements and delivering training.
- Assist in training other staff on quality related issues.
- Conduct regular inspection of protective clothing and personal hygiene for all factory staff and anyone entering the factory ensure compliance with procedures.
- Prepare reports indicating waste in form of rework, defects, damages, customers complaints, vendors/suppliers products, employee adherence to quality measures in place and other activities affecting quality for purposes of performance evaluation
- Monitoring quality performance by collecting relevant information and preparing statistical reports.
- Writing management and technical systems reports.
- Establishing an on-going process to maintain quality data and defining quality audit processes.
- Performing water lab analysis, such as coliform and E-Coli testing, preparing bacteria media, accession, pH, fluoride, phosphate, TDS, turbidity, etc.
- Setting up and conducts tests by sterilizing, maintaining and pouring media, preparing coliform broth’s and setting up and operating proper equipment; incubates and cultures bacteria by setting, controlling, and maintaining incubation temperatures until test completion.
- Reading and recording results of tests on a data base system or computerized records system, assembles data and prepares reports including bacterial growth and colony test results, pH’s for all media utilized, incubation temperatures, sterilization records, control plates and membrane filter controls.
- Operating and maintaining a variety of lab equipment.
- Maintaining the laboratory and lab equipment to ensure the lab is functioning properly and sanitary conditions are observed.
- Reviewing and maintaining files of mandated testing procedures, reviews and implementing testing or procedural changes as required.
- Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in Bio-chemistry, Quality Control or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant working experience either as a permanent Quality Controller or as an intern.
- Good verbal communication skills in English
- Strong attention to detail with ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in a team.
All applicants should forward their applications to [email protected] before 16th of October 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]