TRADE KINGS LIMITED
Trade Kings Limited is a leading manufacturer of quality detergents soaps, households and confectionery products located in Lusaka’s Light Industrial Area. In its quest to improve service delivery, the company seeks to employ a suitably qualified individual, highly motivated and goal oriented professional to fill the vacant position listed above.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
- Determine and enforce, through all functional departments, quality requirements in accordance with company and customer needs, based on current regulations and standards.
- Develop and implement improvement program to raise performance standards.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of the company quality system, reporting on the performance of the system for review and as a basis for continuous improvement.
- Work with Production, Marketing, Purchasing and other Technical personnel to identify potential opportunities for improving manufacturing efficiencies, maximizing cost effectiveness for all raw materials and components whilst maintaining agreed product standards
- Provide leadership to the QA/QC department including operational QA support, budget and resource management.
- Ensure that the production and quality control of all products meets the appropriate standards.
- Understanding customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes.
- Plan and review specifications for products and processes.
- Setting requirements for raw materials or intermediate products for suppliers and monitoring their compliance.
- Ensure adherence to legal and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations.
- Oversee all product development, procedures to identify deviation from quality standards.
- Inspect final output and compare properties to requirements.
- Approve the right products reject defects.
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis.
- Submit detailed reports to appropriate senior managers.
- Improve and develop standard operating procedures for departments.
- Ensure that manufacturing processes comply with local (ZABS, ZCSA and, ZAMRA) and global standards of production.
Key Qualifications & Requirements
- Possess a M.Sc /B.Sc in Chemistry, or related fields,
- Must have a minimum of 10years experience in a Detergent manufacturing company,
- Preferred experience in progressively responsible Quality Control roles in a manufacturing environment,
- Broad knowledge and skills in Quality Control field’s concepts, principles and practices,
- Familiarity with contemporary issues will be an added advantage
Strong Computer application skills including Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
- Member of Health Professional Council of Zambia (HPCZ).
Skills & Characteristics
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity, a strong depth of knowledge, provides a wide range leadership roles in various projects,
- Ability to listen well, comprehend and analyze situations; excellent critical thinking and decision making skills,
- Excellent managerial skills and ability to motivate and inspire lower-level staff to achieve optimal performance,
- Embodies a strong work ethic.
Interested applicants, please email your cover letter, an Updated CV and Academic Qualifications in a single document to [email protected], with “Quality Control Manager” as the subject line not later than 30th April, 2021. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.