South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities. Our Project Sourcing team works hand in hand with project owners and developers, active in the carbon markets and renewable energy space, to identify, negotiate and contract new emission reduction projects. By acquiring new projects within our portfolio, we ensure that South Pole always has the right mix of carbon credits available to meet the demands of our clients. If youre an ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, this position may be right for you!
- The Regional Director acts as the Regional Lead for Africa to drive business development in the region, ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy assignments with international, regional and/or national clients and nurture government relations for carbon project development.
- The Regional Director is fully accountable to drive business development activities, generate new leads and provide oversight and leadership to consultancy assignments. Topics to be covered by the position include climate change policies and market-based instruments, NDC implementation and reporting, the design of financing instruments, climate finance and carbon monetisation strategies, as well as the design and implementation of Article 6 of the Paris Agreement.
- In addition, the Regional Director will advise South Pole’s carbon project development teams, in Africa and globally, on evolving policy risks, international compliance markets and opportunities for ITMO sourcing and deal structuring.
- The Regional Director plays a key role in building a team in Africa through ensuring strategic growth as well as contributing to meeting the CPFCM targets in the region and more broadly, developing South Pole services to address sustainability challenges. He/she is expected to be a seasoned people manager able to provide inspiration, motivation, and guidance to the team, as well as managers in the wider business line and company.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead and be accountable for the planning, management and execution of strategic consulting assignments for corporate and public sector clients on topics related to climate change policies and market-based instruments, NDC implementation and reporting, the design of financing instruments, climate finance and carbon monetisation strategies, as well as the design and implementation of Article 6 of the Paris Agreement, with the necessary know-how and skillset to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation
- Provide supervision and guidance on international, regional and/or national consulting assignments and proposals, as well as lead their technical review
- Contribute to the growth of the team in Africa and manage a growing team of consultants in a multi-cultural and multi-geography context, by leading the hiring processes, the onboarding of new team members and contributing to staff development and training
- Developing and executing the strategy for Africa in line with the CPFCM strategy to achieve short and long-term targets, including developing business plans
- Participate in business strategy and leadership-relevant internal discussions particularly in the region, to position CPFCM services and activities within South Pole’s overall business and offering
- Represent South Pole and more specifically CPFCM at regional events, speaking engagements, and key stakeholder engagements and lead the development of new business opportunities in Africa
- Interact and build relationships with our local and international clients, maintaining positive and trust-based relations with business partners, shareholders, and authorities, contributing to the winning and timely delivery of consulting assignments
- University degree, ideally at a Master’s level or higher, in a sustainability-related field
- Relevant knowledge of climate policy, carbon markets, climate finance and/or corporate sustainability
- Excellent understanding of the regional climate policy context, carbon markets and climate finance developments, and/or the corporate sustainability landscape
- Relevant work experience working in the field of carbon, climate change or sustainability, ideally in Africa
- Excellent team and project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and proven ability to manage teams in a multi-cultural and multi-geography context
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating and reviewing high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables)
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills
- Autonomous and proactive, yet strong ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrable commercial skills and good business sense so as to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS products (Word, Excel)
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- Team management experience
- Strong network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders such as governments, development finance institutions, development agencies, and other public or private donors/stakeholders, across Africa
- Language skills, other than English, especially French
- Experience working and/or advising on green finance schemes and market-based climate finance instruments in developing country contexts
- Experience leading or contributing to published research
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15 June. 2023
- Total Jobs 4780 Jobs