Plan International Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for an experienced, vibrant and self-starter to fill the following position;
Regional Programme Manager – 18+ Ending Child Marriage in Middle East, Eastern & Southern Africa – Fixed Term Contract
Plan International has designed, and is currently implementing a comprehensive programme for tackling Child, Early, and Forced Marriage (CEFM) including teenage pregnancy. The 18+ Ending Child Marriage Programme is implemented in all regions (where Plan International works) with a long-term and sustainable vision that is well coordinated and provides space for shared learning. 18+ Ending Child Marriage and Teenage pregnancy programme in Middle East, Eastern, and Southern Africa (MEESA) is part of this global umbrella. The 18+ Programme, takes a multi-level (local, national, regional and global), holistic approach to identify and address the root causes of CEFM including building strategic partnerships, alliances, and movements for social change.
The Regional Programme Manager 18 + Ending Child Marriage in MEESA is responsible for providing strategic leadership in managing the 18+ Programme in the region and the 18+ Centre of Excellence (CoE) on ending Child Marriage and Teenage Pregnancy located in Zambia. The primary scope for this position is all the 15 countries in the MEESA region namely; Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Uganda, Egypt, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lebanon, Jordan and Somalia. Under the direct supervision of the Country Director Plan International of Zambia, the Regional Programme Manager 18+ MEESA works collaboratively with, African Union Liaison Office, MEESA Regional Hub, Geneva and New York Liaison Offices, Plan International Global Hub, National Offices as well as the Plan Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) Hub on substantive and technical issues related to ending CEFM and SRHR programming, influencing, resource mobilisation and coordination.
Please note that this post is not an international hire and is based on Plan International Zambia local conditions.
- Innovative programming and scaling up of good practices.
- Providing Monitoring & Evaluation guidance and support to country offices.
- Facilitating sharing, learning processes-including research and documentation of best practices.
- Helping build capacity of country offices on ending CEFM and teenage pregnancy programming.
- Working collaboratively with all Plan International liaison offices, SRHR Global Network in building strategic partnerships, alliances, and social movements to influence policy and practice within (Regional Economic Communities), Southern African Development Community (SADC), African Union (AU) with the view of ending child, early, and forced marriage including teenage pregnancy.
- Coordinating the participation and engagement of MEESA country offices in the activities of the 18+Centre of Excellence by working with a regional team of 18+Centre of Excellence Country Focal Point Persons.
- Mobilising and managing resources to support the regional processes and activities.
- Managing 18+ multi-country projects, programme teams, and partners including consultants from time to time.
- Effective management of the secretariat/network model of 18+Centre of Excellence.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in relevant social sciences studies along with relevant work experience.
- 6 years of experience working on ending CEFM and Teenage pregnancy (preferably in a sub-regional, or regional setting in an INGO).
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender equality, sexual and reproductive health and/or girls’ rights issues and international development, with specific wide-ranging knowledge on gender issues, focusing on the impact of child marriage and teenage pregnancy.
- Experience in leading programme initiatives on gender equality (preferably with a focus on girls), Knowledge of gender analysis programme frameworks and their application to child-rights and rights-based approach to development.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of donors with an interest in gender issues, including knowledge of donor requirements in relation to concept development, proposal writing and implementation planning.
- Strategic thinker with experience working strategically with institutional partners, donors and INGOs.
- Knowledge and experience of the Project Cycle and the management tools for effective implementation.
- Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation frameworks.
- Knowledge of research frameworks tools and approaches to gender equality.
- Knowledge of the realities of implementing and managing geographically diverse NGO programmes, including working through a wide range of implementers and stakeholders.
- Programme management experience, including demonstrated experience in fulfilment of donor compliance measures (narrative and financial reporting).
- Ability to consider and present different perspectives of child marriage issues (e.g. cultural, legal, gender).
- Strong Planning and Organisational skills.
- Strong Team building and motivational skills.
- Strong advocate for gender equality and inclusion.
- Innovative, consultative, and independent thinker.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Resource mobilisation skills.
- Development of successful proposals for large grants, particularly in gender related areas.
- Facilitation skills to take a team through full proposal development life cycle.
- Knowledge of Child and Youth safeguarding.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 30th April, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]