In addition MSK has an MCH 24 bed nursing home in Nairobi. All these channels of service provision are intended to:
- Reach high numbers of clients with RH services
- Generate an income that results in sustainability and profitability of the network
- Set an example in quality of care to other providers
- The Commercial Services Directorate ensures core organisational objectives are met through driving high standards of quality assurance across all Marie Stopes Clinics
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to**: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE**
It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully comply with, promote and live MSI CORE VALUES:
- 1. Client Care.
- To provide comprehensive client counselling on reproductive health, contraceptive options and other services.
- To ensure that all clients are treated with sensitivity, respect, and consideration. If complaints are raised, to be able to effectively manage and resolve them and to promptly refer to the Team Leader if the client complaint continues or is of a serious magnitude.
- To maintain the highest possible standard of client care by providing quality care to all clients.
- To implement a smooth, efficient client flow to minimise client waiting times.
- To monitor and evaluate client care continuously and recommend improvements as necessary.
- To provide accurate information to clients, and their families where required, to enable clients to make informed decision about their reproductive & sexual health.
- 2. Budgetary Control
- To ensure sufficient supplies are available to provide services without disruption and that stock is dispensed and counted accurately; stock cards are updated continuously and waste and spoilage of stock (i.e. expired stock) and stock outs are minimised.
- To comply with all financial standing operating procedures including accurate and timely management of advances and surrenders required for outreach provision.
- 3. Technical & Clinical Service provision
- Client treatment:
- Based on client history, examination, lab test reports and findings and above all client needs, prescribe appropriate drugs
- Perform appropriate procedures (including Intravenous Therapy, Norplant, IUD insertion, Pap Smear, MVA procedure and VCT).
- Ensure responsible follow up and treatment of complications. Avoid polypharmacy or any practice that may bring MSK into disrepute.
- Follow the Kenyan Clinical Guidelines for appropriate management of most conditions and illnesses.
- Refer complex clients to the medical officer for Management.
- Conduct follow ups and reports all complications in writing within or before the end of current duty.
- Maintain confidentiality at all levels
- Centre standards:
- Overall quality inputs into service delivery points. Includes running full out-patient clinic and provision of surgical procedures as needed.
- Proper use of medical equipments and supplies and for notifying the Centre Manager of repairs, maintenance or replacements of equipments and instruments.
- Ensure that the highest standards of reproductive health and general clinical services (including HIV/AIDS services) are achieved, as laid down in the Marie Stopes Partnership Manual.
- In collaboration with the Centre Manager and Medical Officer, ensure that the centre complies with MSK policies and protocols for vocal local, infection prevention and emergency preparedness (including resuscitation).
- 4. Record Keeping, reporting and performance management
- To ensure accurate client records are maintained in both the client record book and daily register.
- To ensure all client information is kept confidential at all times and stored appropriately.
- To provide accurate, timely collation of activity data for internal and external reporting purposes.
- To analyse activity trends and ensure performance targets are achieved, pro-actively identifying and implementing opportunities for improvements.
- To assist in the collection of client feedback data.
- 5. Promotional Activities
- To fully participate in planned promotional activities including educational and awareness-raising events with clients, community members and other stakeholders.
- To positively promote Marie Stopes Kenya as a leading, quality provider of reproductive & sexual health services.
- 6. Team Values
- To actively contribute to achieving the outreach team targets set by Marie Stopes Kenya.
- To attend & contribute to team meetings and the creation and implementation of work plans.
- To continuously strive to improve client satisfaction and deliver client-focussed, high quality care.
- To support new team members in their induction & orientation and assist with training as required.
- Professional and Ethical Conduct
- All clinical care must be provided in accordance with the highest standards of clinical care and safety.
- You must observe high standards of personal grooming and general hygiene and ensure your appearance is neat & tidy at all times whilst on duty.
- You are expected to wear the Marie Stopes Kenya uniform.
- You are expected to act professionally at all times, maintaining excellent client-focussed care especially when circumstances are challenging
- You are expected to act with financial integrity at all time. Marie Stopes Kenya has a zero-tolerance approach to fraudulent activities, including siphoning of clients for personal financial gain.
- Any other duties as maybe assigned by the Center Manager.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognised medical training college.
- Registered by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council and possess a valid practice license.
- Minimum 3 years post training working experience.
- Pro choice
- Approachable with strong interpersonal & listening skills together with the ability to empower their team
- Strategic thinker, excellent analytical skills.
- Results oriented with a record of delivering targets
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- The highest levels of integrity, strong ethical attitude
- Excellent leadership and management aptitude leading diverse teams at a distance.
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of the Marie Stopes
- Interest in public health, particularly sexual and reproductive health.
- Flexibility to operate in a changing environment.
- Able to communicate effectively (both written and oral) at all levels.
Behaviours and Values:
Successful performance at MSK is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
Work as One MSI
- You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximise our ability to influence others.
- You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort.
- You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.
Show courage, authenticity and integrity
- You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate.
- You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks.
Develop and grow
- You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective.
- You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
Deliver excellence, always
- You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the centre of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role.
- You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSI ambassador.
- Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance.
- Client centred: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality.
- Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact.
- Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
Method of Application
Suitable and qualified candidates should email one document combining an application letter and CV to [email protected] on or before 13th June 2019. The subject of the email should read Registered Clinical Officer. Do not attach certificates and testimonials. Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not ask for fees at any stage of the recruitment process. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.