Clinical Delivery · Kigali City, Kigali City
Background of babyl
babyl is Rwanda’s first full-service mobile health provider. Founded in the UK to bring cutting-edge science and computer engineering to the healthcare industry, the ultimate aim of the company is to give everyone in the world access to high quality, affordable care. Through the use of artificially intelligent triage, digital doctor consultations and prescriptions through mobile devices, babyl has delivered over 1,000,000 consultations and registered over 2,000,000 users since it came to Rwanda in 2016.
At babyl our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
Under general supervision of the Nursing Manager, the Registered Nurse performs care coordination and professional nursing functions to assess the severity of the patient’s health concerns using protocols and algorithms in a manner that provides patient dispositions to emergency care, babyl provider appointments, and triage nurse clinic services within the scope of the Babylon Rwanda Ltd. The RN will support babyl in triaging all phone booked patients.
Candidates should have a strong community health center orientation.
Essential job functions
The specific tasks will include, but not be limited to;
- Assess the patient’s general health status
- Adhering with protocol, norms, rules, and regulations in order to maintain complete medical records.
- Accept telephone calls from a patient with varying levels of acuity and types of medical concerns
- To provide advice and information in appropriate non-clinical language to empower clients to undertake self-care of their presenting clinical condition.
- RN creates a harmonious environment in order to provide emotional and psychological support to the patient.
- Make medical appointments and referrals to the appropriate place.
- Provide clear patient information, thorough patient education and recommendation for the next steps to take.
- Educate patients about their roles in promoting successful therapy and rehabilitation.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and diagnostic reasoning skills when making clinical decisions.
- Document and communicate actions to maintain continuity among the clinician team.
- Make professionally autonomous decisions for which you are accountable.
- Attending educational workshops for enhancing professional and technical knowledge.
- Must have RN licensure in the state where employed or a compact party state and be board certified.
- Perform other work-related as assigned.
- Take care of all materials and equipment at the office.
- 3+ years of working experience especially at Community Health Centers
- Must have knowledge of disease processes, healthy growth, and development of all age groups.
- General computer skills required
- Ability to make quick decisions, multitask and handle stress
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must operate with cultural sensitivity with respect to working with persons and groups of diverse racial, ethnic, economic and social backgrounds
How to Apply
The deadline for the application is on the 23rd. April. 2020