The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research – (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy
No of Positions: 37
JOB GROUP: KMR 6
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre for graduate employees. An officer at this level will work under guidance and supervision of a senior officer.
- Assist in the implementation of research projects and/or supervising designated aspects of the work;
- . Assist in carrying out fieldwork and laboratory experimental procedures;
- Assisting in organization of the internal scientific seminars;
- Carry out experimental and/or developmental work under the supervision of a Senior
- Research Scientist or Assistant Principal Research Scientist;
- Assist in the interpretation and validation of results;
- Guiding visiting scientific students /students on attachment
- Assisting in maintaining the scientific laboratory in good working condition; and viii. In consultation with Senior Technologist, ensuring that all chemicals, reagents and consumables are properly stored in the laboratory.
- .Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines :- Biomedical Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Applied Sciences, Public Health, any relevant Social Science, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Skills and Competences
- Planning skills
- Communication and reporting skills
- Interpersonal skills iv. Team player
The following will be required during the interviews:
Certificate of good conduct, Higher Education Loans Board compliance certificate, KRA Tax compliance certificate, Credit Reference Bureau clearance certificate, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission clearance.
Closing Date : 18 May, 2020