ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
This role is focused on integrating mobile networks and mobile technology into the broader TUBURA strategy. You’ll be the person that all work related to Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) goes through, will build productive and mutually beneficial relationships with MNOs in Rwanda, and will be the key representative of the TUBURA program to all MNOs in Rwanda. This staffer will be based in the Systems Division.
- Serve as the point-person for team members within TUBURA who work with MNO services as part of their job
- Map out and understand the current relationships and ongoing work with MNOs across the whole program in order to determine what work can continue as is and what needs to be centralized.
- You will need to be extremely organized and have strong project management ability to execute this workstream
- Work with MNOs to improve TUBURA’s relationships with a focus on cost, contractual stability, and innovation
- Proactively find synergies and identify opportunities to partner with MNOs
- Then, be the contact within TUBURA for these new projects that may involve working with the MNOs or using their services, and help potential project owners structure their needs with regards to mobile technology
- Identify, document, and foster relationships with key points of contact within each MNO, in the following departments, where relevant:
- Technology/systems upkeep
- Mobile money
- Facilitate high-level meetings and relationship-building between TUBURA leadership and the leadership of the MNOs
- Monitor and track all contracts and expenses with the MNOs
- Work with vendors to facilitate a reduction in cost in indirect payments
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- 2+ years of experience, ideally working with a major mobile network operator in Rwanda
- Project management skills and the ability to create and stick to timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience working with Microsoft Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, international trade, and development or a related field desired
- Passion for team building and collaboration with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and through multiple media including remote work
- Language: Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda both written and spoken, is required.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Kigali or Rubengera, Rwanda
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.