ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The work of the Rwanda People Innovations specialist would include, but not be limited to:
- You will participate in setting department annual plans to align with the 5-year strategy and long-term vision and targets and measure progress against targets and report on progress, hold the team accountable for prioritizing key strategic areas.
Promote employee experience through people data analytics
- You will design metrics to facilitate people analytics and Data-driven decisions on people matters and design feedback channels for teams/individuals to communicate with people division teams so as to contribute to the decision-making process on staff welfare and development.
- You will ensure the use of an online Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to produce information and results from people service surveys to make decisions and support to set a data-driven People strategy.
- You will research and understand key best practices at other organizations to improve people’s analytics and suggest improvement in our employee experience and talent strategies.
Promote collaboration among people teams
- You will design and support collaboration among people teams, the People division lead and country leadership, down to departments, across to other sets of leaders, ensuring people service departments are collaborating with individuals, teams, and divisions outside of the people division. Set-up appropriate systems of communication to keep everyone moving together.
Management & Training
- You will be a direct or secondary management line to Corporate Operations. Management will include oversight, weekly reporting meetings, performance reviews and development, and strategic direction.
- Personally coordinate People division meetings and lead training sessions for senior staff members.
Spending and Budgeting
- You will participate, together with department leads, in the annual budgeting process, anticipate spending for the year based on annual plans and review actual spending against planned spending. Keep all departments operating to maximum efficiency and within the planned budget.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We are seeking someone with 2 years of work experience and a passion for international development. Candidates fitting the following profile are encouraged to apply:
- People management experience, at least 2 years of managing a team of accomplished workers.
- Data analytics skills;
- High emotional intelligence: Self-regulation and empathy in particular.
- HR/Talent management experience.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine good performance with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in Rubengera for at least two years close to famers and staff.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.