Mabiza Resources Limited
Only The Best is Good Enough For Munali Nickel Mine
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of experienced and qualified individuals to take up the position of:
Role: Safety and Training Officer (X2)
Reporting: Head of SHEC Department
Job Purpose: Support the Head of SHEC and Integrity in implementing the specific SHEC strategies, policies, process & systems for Safety and Quality Assurance of the mine in line with MRL overall strategic plan.
Main Responsibilities: –
- Supervise and coordinate safe work systems to ensure compliance to legal and statutory obligations.
- Ensure established company health, safety policies and procedures are upheld.
- Review and update safety practices and procedures
- Conduct safety inspections in all areas within the scope of the responsibility.
- Conduct accident & incident investigations.
- Increasing health and safety awareness at all levels within the company.
- Support emergency preparedness and response.
- Assist in the safety audit and inspection programmes.
- Conduct general site inductions for all new employees and contractors.
- Conducting fire/Emergency drills.
- Maintaining statistical records of all reported incidents and accidents.
- Identifying potential safety or fire hazards.
- Review the Incident Action Plan for safety implications.
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealth.
- Attend toolbox meetings.
- Participate in the development of Job Risk Assessments.
- Provide input to the daily, weekly, and monthly safety reports.
- Promote a positive Health and Safety Culture.
- Ensuring employees training and Assessment of Operators for Competence.
- Conduction of Safety related trainings
Skills & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Diploma or better in Occupational Health, Safety and Environment, Social Sciences, and or Engineering
- Must have working knowledge of ISO 45001, 9001 and 14001 respectively.
- At least 3 years’ experience with mining experience in Occupational Health, Safety, Engineering and Environment Management System.
- Carrying out post incident analysis.
- Knowledge of good safety practices.
- Developing emergency procedures.
- Ability to maintain effective work relationships with people from all social backgrounds.
- Knowledge of first aid methods and techniques.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Physically fit and able to walk around for long periods of time.
MRL offers equal employment opportunity. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter and credentials. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to
The Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: [email protected]