Chengelo is a Christian school with a vision to develop leadersh
START DATE: January, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 17th July, 2020
CONTRACT TYPE: Full Time / 2 Years
Chengelo is a Christian school with a vision to develop leadership within Zambia at all levels within Zambian society, it aspires for excellence in all areas from academic standards, pastoral and spiritual care as well as character formation and seeks to serve as a ‘witness to the light’ in all that we do.
The school has just over 450 students across its primary and Secondary school and serves students from across Zambia at its outdoor education centre. It is widely regarded as one of the leading schools in Zambia.
The School Principal is to take full responsibility for the overall operation of the Primary School, Secondary School and Ndubaluba Outdoor Centre. He/she will also oversee the spiritual, financial, staffing and site aspects of the School. The Principal will work closely with the farm management committee to ensure the common vision and purpose of this section is maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- A clear Christian commitment, an acknowledged Testimony of faith and a high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Postgraduate Degree in Education is preferred
- Qualification to teach is essential
- Successful candidate will have to get approval from the Teaching Council of Zambia.
- Ideally the candidate will have had leadership and IGCSE and A’ level experience as well as outdoor education and Primary experience
- Experience working with/teaching culturally diverse groups/diverse students
- Committed Christian leadership experience in churches as well as schools is valued.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, ABILITES AND QUALITIES
- A commitment to training others, experience of coaching and mentoring others and a vision to develop future school leadership.
- Relational maturity.
- Cross cultural experience and openness to embrace the richness in diversity at the same time as unity through our Christian faith.
- Willingness to make a long-term commitment to the school
Chengelo School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to Satisfactory teacher registration check, police check, referee checks, identification verification and the requirement to disclose any information relevant to the candidate’s eligibility to engage in activities involving young people.
You need to complete a Chengelo online Application form or download one from our website and submit a letter of application (no more than 2 sides) in which you illustrate how you fulfil the job description and person specification based on your experience so far. You should explain how a Principal can motivate and work with others to create and sustain a school vision and positive ethos.
For further details including an Application Pack please visit our website: www.chengeloschool.org/work-with-us/
For queries please email [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]