MIKA GROUP OF COMPANIES
Mika Hotels is one of the fastest growing Indigenous companies.
Job Duties and Tasks for: “Security Guard”
Position title: Security Officer x 3
Reports to: Security Supervisor
As a security guard, you will make sure customers, company and employee’s assets on the premises are secured at all times. You will watch for any unlawful or unsafe activity, keep an eye on surveillance feeds and inspect the grounds for possible hazards. You must have an eye for detail, sound judgment and objectivity when making observations or filling out reports. You may also perform other duties as assigned.
Security Officer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patrol industrial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using appropriate force when necessary.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited objects into restricted areas.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be mature, pleasant, courteous, cooperative and an enthusiastic team player who displays good human relations’ skills.
- Must be flexible in working hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must have at least 3 years traceable work experience in a very busy environment.
- Must be a holder of applicable security training certification.
Only candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their soft copy applications and curriculum vitae to [email protected] and hard copies to Mika Hotel Kabulonga. The closing date for receiving applications is on Friday 9th October 2020. Be notified that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you do not hear from us within a week from the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]