The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research – (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy
No of Positions: 3
JOB GROUP: KMR 5
The duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- Examining payment vouchers and post in vote book/budget control records;
- Processing imprests, advances and other disbursements and remit statutory deductions;
- Making petty cash payments and maintain petty cashbook;
- Providing safe custody of accounting records, documents and assets;
- Maintaining imprest ledger and follow up on surrender of imprest
- Undertaking bank deposits, dispatch of cheques and cash withdrawal ; and
- Safe custody of Institute records and assets under his/her jurisdiction.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- Have a minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Be CPA (K) or its equivalent;
- Be a member of ICPAK and in good standing;
- Supervisory course lasting not less two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have proficient in computer application skills:
- Demonstrated work performance and results; and viii. Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Planning skills;
- Ethical and integrity.
- Analytical skills.
- Communication and reporting skills.
The following will be required during the interviews:
Certificate of good conduct, Higher Education Loans Board compliance certificate, KRA Tax compliance certificate, Credit Reference Bureau clearance certificate, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission clearance.
Closing Date : 18 May, 2020