LUSAKA APEX MEDICAL UNIVERSITY (LAMU)
The LUSAKA APEX MEDICAL UNIVERSITY (LAMIJ) is a privately owned University, registered by the Ministry of Higher Education under the Higher Education Authority ACT No. 4 of 2013 to provide Higher Education in Medical Education. LAMU is regulated by the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ), General Nursing Council (GNC), Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA). Lusaka Apex Medical University is therefore looking for a mature, proactive, highly motivated and result oriented Zambian with high degree of credibility to fill the position of:
SENIOR COUNSELLOR – STUDENT AFFAIRS.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
To plan, coordinate, administer and implements counselling services for students, members of staff and other authorized stakeholders of LAMU.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Plans, develops, implements counseling programmes to address the counseling requirements of students, faculty members and the University community at large.
- Participates in the preparation of departmental budget and work plans.
- Provides counseling services to students with regard to academic, personal issues, psycho-social and health challenges.
- Supervises subordinates to ensure that they perform to set standards and that clients receive the required quality of counseling services.
- Counsels and conducts sensitization talks, seminars and workshops to students and the University community on psycho-social problems and how to manage or cope with them.
- Appraises Management on the latest developments, research, approaches in the field of psycho-social counseling with the view to improving counseling services offered by the Unit.
- Initiates the formulation and review of policies and work manuals related to counseling services.
- Liaises with the Administration Department to organize transport, facilitate procurement of equipment and items required at the Psycho-social Centre.
- Manages the cost of psycho-social programmes and activities and ascertains their effectiveness.
- Prepares, periodical and ad hoc operational performance reports.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Create effective team to deal with clients of different social profiles.
- Should be trusted & have empathy to enable clients open up or identify with Counselor.
- Ability to manage and solve multiple problem solving.
- Confidentiality, integrity and willingness to work long hours.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Social work, Education, Psychology, Sociology or relevant Social Science.
- Five (O) Levels including Mathematics and English ICT literate.
- Five (5) years post qualification experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates meeting the above qualifications submit their applications including: Curriculum vitae, Certified copies of relevant professional and academic certificates, Three traceable referees and candidate’s personal contact day time details, including phone numbers.
Application letters must be clearly marked the position you are applying for.
The Human Resource Manager
Lusaka Apex Medical University Limited
Off Kasama Road
P. O. BOX 31909
E-mail: [email protected]
Hard copy applications can be deposited at LAMU- Chalala Main Campus.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 20th March 2020.