The Senior HR advisor Project Manager reports to the Regional Director and serves as a member and secretary of the SMT. S/he is primarily responsible for providing strategic HR advice and leading & delivering best practices HR services. S/he is also responsible for improving administrative policies and processes and managing the administrative staff. S/he manages the ARO restructuring process.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Strategic management of human resources
- Lead and facilitate organizational change and development and advises the Regional Director on strategies to attract, retain, develop and motivate employees across the range of specialized occupations critical to the delivery of the organization’s mandate;
- Lead the change management process during the ARO restructuring exercise;
- Act as a confidential and trusted advisor to the Regional Director and SMT surfacing the hard issues and reflecting the truth on people matters. Provides a safe haven for challenging ideas;
- Exercise thought leadership and introduces methods and systems to ensure that IPPF-AR’s strategic plan and IPPF-AR HR Strategy are aligned;
- Develop a human resources’ plan to address ARO’s restructuring and new human resources structure in collaboration with the Regional Director and the Senior Management Team;
- Ensure the provision of critical reports, information and insight to senior management on HR trends, profile, and emerging issues to position the organization and proactively anticipate, plan and meet future HR needs;
- Identify risks and ensure quality assurance for all people processes;
- Provide recommendations for crisis response as appropriate for people matters in sudden and unexpected emergency situations;
- Promote and coordinate the implementation of the Human Resources Strategy towards the realisation of the goals of IPPFAR Strategic Plan and ensure that it is relevant to the operating environment including rules, policies and procedures;
- In consultation with the Regional Director, ensure that HR management instruments and tools (policy, systems, procedures and manuals) are up to date at all times and that any changes that may from time to time occur are communicated to staff;
- Manage the daily operations of the HR Department and supervise the HR team; oversee completion of key administrative HR processes such as staff contracts, leave, etc;
- Advise managers and staff on HR related issues and provide advice on conflict management;
- Coordinate recruitment processes ensuring that procedures are strictly followed, and processes are transparent;
- Oversee the onboarding process of new recruits and ensure they are fully supported until their first big contribution;
- Oversee ARO’s comparative salary and benefits review in line with the ongoing restructuring and the new job descriptions to ensure that IPPFAR remains a competitive employer;
- Facilitate the growth and development of staff by providing leadership in the identification of training needs in consultation with the SMT; Design and organise in-service training programmes and/or identify and recommend relevant continuing education programmes offered by outside institutions;
- Oversee the development and maintenance of personnel files system with built-in measures to ensure the safety and security of confidential records;
- Coordinate and support the SMT in the implementation of ARO’s performance appraisal system and succession planning;
- Ensure that procedures related to the termination of the contractual relationships are followed including conducting exit interviews.
- Establish the parameters and provide strategic direction to the work programmes and strategies of the accountable areas of the HR Department to achieve results;
- Oversee and direct the planning, resources provision, management, operations, activities and change priorities of the specialized team leaders in diverse disciplines for consistently high levels of performance, efficiency and engagement;
- Approve the Office’s annual work plans; Collaboratively set objectives, performance measurements, standards and expected results and deliver within agreed budgets and timeframes;
- Inspire the team, cultivates engagement and ensures alignment;
- Guide and shape the development and implementation of updated HR systems, processes, and tools, with an emphasis on e-HR and simplification. Redesign systems to improve the experience of managers and staff in using HR tools and increase productivity and efficiency for all HR activities
- Management of Staff Welfare
- Liaise with government authorities to get the status of non-local staff formalised (work permits and re-entry permits) Implement ARO’s policy and procedures on staff insurance, pension scheme, medical and other staff welfare benefits.
- Support IPPFARO management to maintain a workplace environment that is friendly and conducive to staff growth and development.
- Works closely with the safeguarding team to ensure that safeguarding human resources matters are dealt with according to IPPF rules and procedures
- Promote a safe and healthy working environment to ensure that all staff strictly observe IPPFARO Health and Safety regulations.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts both within and outside the Federation.
- Undertake any other related duties as may be requested from time to time by the supervisor.
Interested individuals should submit a CV and a 1-page cover letter to: [email protected]
Closing date Monday 24th April 2020.
If you do not hear from us by 31st August 2020, please assume that your application was not successful.
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disabilities, people living with HIV and minorities.
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).