National Prosecution Authority (NPA)
The National Prosecution Authority (NPA) is an autonomous body established by the NPA Act No. 34 of 2010. Its mission is to “provide an effective and efficient prosecution service to the public in an accountable and transparent manner, in order to uphold the rule of law, justice and human rights”. In its quest to improve service delivery, NPA is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
1. Senior Human Resource Management and Development Officer – (One Position)
Salary Scale: NPA/03
Reporting: The jobholder shall report to the Assistant Director- Human Resource Management and Development.
Duty Station: Luapula Province, Mansa Office.
Main Job Purpose
To develop and implement effective human resource and administrative strategies, policies, procedures and activities which support the achievement of the NPA’s goals and objectives.
- Develops the human resource and administration annual work plan and budget and submits it to Director Human Resource and Administration for approval, and ensures that human resource administration programmes and activities are always within the approved budget.
- Works closely with Senior and Line Managers in developing and implementing value adding human resource strategies, policies, practices and procedures (including training and development, recruitment, compensation, disciplinary and grievance policies and procedures).
- Interprets the NPA’s conditions of employment and services for all categories of staff as well as the rules and regulations governing the same.
- Ensures that disciplinary cases are promptly and consistently processed and disposed off to uphold the principles of natural justice and impartiality.
- Contributes to the achievement of NPA’s strategic objectives by planning, and ensuring efficient and effective delivery and evaluation of training and development aimed at improving the competence of company staff.
- Attends to industrial relations matters to promote industrial harmony and high productivity in the NPA.
- Implements policies and programmes aimed at mitigating the impact of HIV and AIDS in NPA; and Acts as a focal person for HIV/AIDS programmes and activities.
- Supervises coaches, motivates, develops and disciplines subordinates to ensure corrective action and optimum performance.
- Monitors and reviews performance of subordinates to ensure that they meet their agreed performance objective/targets and that appropriate and timely actions are taken arising from the performance reviews.
- Prepares and submits ad hoc and periodic reports of the Units’ activities/affairs/performance and related issues.
Qualifications and Work Experience
a) Full Form V or Grade 12 School Certificate
b) Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or Business Administration
c) Must have a minimum of three (03) years relevant post qualification professional experience
d) Registered member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM)
Skills and Other Attributes
a) Excellent writing and oral skills
b) Able to write comprehensive reports
c) Ability to work under pressure
d) Must be Computer Literate
e) Ability to lead and motivate staff ( managerial skills)
f) Interpersonal skills
Only candidates who meet the role specifications should apply by enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified photocopies of academic and professional certificates to the address given below not later than Friday 14th February, 2020, 17:00 hours. Please indicate on your application envelope the position being applied for e.g. Accountant.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Admlnistrator
National Prosecution Authority
Plot BLX 29B, Independence Avenue
P.O Box 33970, Ridgeway
The NPA is an equal opportunity employer.