Our Roots Telkom Kenya was established as a telecommunications operator under the Companies Act in April 1999. We provide integrated communications solutions in Kenya with the widest range of voice and data services as well as network facilities for residential and business customers. We are proud to play a prominent role in the information and communications technology sector, serving millions of Kenyans across the country. Our Wings Telkom Kenya’s partnership with Orange S.A (formerly France Telecom Group), saw the launch of the Orange brand in Kenya in 2008. Our new corporate identity is inspired by new investments and a fresh new approach to doing business. This is the beginning of an exciting journey, a journey we invite all Kenyans to be part of. Our new approach to serving customers means we place people at the centre by making our services straightforward, simple and more enriching. In addition to the existing Orange Shops, we continue to invest in new shops to enable us serve our customers better. In doing so, we work to bring people together to achieve their goals. We are embarking on a truly exciting journey to fulfill our potential as Kenya’s original national telecommunications operator. Come and join us.
Reporting to : Head of Carrier Sales
Band : 4.1
Department : Carrier Services
About This Role
Reporting to the Head of Carrier Sales, the jobholder will manage and guide the team regarding the conceptualisation, planning, development and implementation of all new and current account plans. In addition, he/she will be required to develop and nurture relationships with new and existing customers to increase market presence and sales within the Carrier Service industry and ensure that all the aspects impacting the customer accounts are well managed.
What You Will Do
- Develop business plan, lead the sales pitch and negotiate the contractual agreements based on the set guidelines
- Conduct analysis of customers and sales metrics, costs and categories to inform business decisions
- Act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant divisions for on boarding and ongoing interactions
- Support key account managers in planning, development and implementation of all new and current account plans
- Monitor the profitability for customers and propose the appropriate plans
- Regularly engage with customer to plan and execute sales interventions
- Build and maintain relationships with customers. Conduct joint customer meetings to drive volumes and profitability.
- Analyze business and market information to inform sales decisions
- Utilize and align internal business processes and systems to execute sales and ensure operational efficiency
Requirements for the job:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics or any other relevant field
- Minimum 8 -10 years – Marketing Management, Sales management, Relationship management
- Organization savviness; Understands the criticality of business interactions, modifies interaction approximately to get work done.
- Result orientation. Establishes criteria or work procedures to achieve a high level of productivity
- Initiative and hands on
- Track record in developing self and others
- Personal effectiveness and credibility
- Efficient and results oriented
- Strong organization, presentation and communication skills
Application should be sent by latest 21/04/2020, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through [email protected] and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.