Management Systems International
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
USAID/Zambia intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity will support strategic objectives of USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
The Senior KM/DDU Advisor directly reports to the COP and will be responsible for providing programmatic guidance and technical assistance to strengthen knowledge management and data demand and use all levels in the public health sector. The Senior KM/DDU Advisor will be responsible for a wide variety of activities related to identifying, managing, packaging, and disseminating key information to advance technical practice in the areas of HMIS, health research, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Lead and support learning events, produce resources and guidance, and facilitate the uptake of improved practices generated through the three project objectives.
- Build national, provincial, district, and facility level demand for and ability to use HMIS data for evidence-based programming in collaboration with a wide array of stakeholders.
- Develop appropriate strategies and tools for strengthening the use of HMIS data, identify data needs at all levels.
- Build capacity to implement tools and approaches through training and workshops.
- Conceive of, plan, and lead a knowledge management strategy to ensure all stakeholders have the right information at the right time in the right format.
- Serve as a knowledge management expert to guide and support USAID, GRZ, and other key stakeholders in support of the contract objectives.
- Communicate technical data and information (including health research methods and statistical analysis) to non-technical audiences to support data-informed decision making, advocacy, and other activity objectives.
- Deliver engaging and innovative trainings on knowledge management and organizational learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in M&E, statistics or information systems; advanced degree is preferred.
- At least 15 years of experience in supporting and strengthening knowledge management and data demand and use in the public health sector.
- Ability to conceive of, plan, and lead a world-class knowledge management strategy to ensure all stakeholders related to this contract have the right information at the right time in the right format to achieve contract objectives.
- Ability to serve as a knowledge management expert to guide and support USAID, GRZ, and other key stakeholders in support of the contract objectives.
- Ability to communicate technical data and information (including health research methods and statistical analysis) to non-technical audiences to support data-informed decision making, advocacy, and other activity objectives.
- Ability to deliver engaging and innovative trainings on knowledge management and organizational learning.
- Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply for this job please visit chu.tbe.taleo.net.