New range of products based on Hybrid Digital Energy that allows for a rapid solution to the problem of the lack of electricity from the national network and a more careful management of energy loads, as well as consumer needs and consumption.
Owing to continued growth and high demand for its services, the company is seeking to recruit a Senior Sales Manager Solar PV/battery storage system (BESS) Sales to join our expanding Solar Team.
The principal responsibilities of this post include:
- Manage/support solar and BESS project sales, providing input from initial assessment, through to technical and economic feasibility, due diligence.
- Driving the Sales of BESS in Kenya in the Commercial & Industrial Sectors: Gas Stations, Private Schools, banks branches, Hotels, Factory, Malls, Hospitals, etc. etc.
- Review and prepare technical documents including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts.
- Site visits in Kenya and abroad.
- Provide sales & technical support to clients.
- Technical assessment of PV and BESS products and devices.
- Promote Jua services and products in a business sales role.
- Other ad hoc activities as and when required.
- Manage the teams of multi-disciplined engineers needed to deliver our scopes of work, including both Solar and non-solar staff.
- Act as the main interface and manage the relationship with key clients and authorities in Kenya.
- Responsibility for the Sales performance of any projects managed.
- Disseminate knowledge to team members.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or above in engineering, science-based subject (electrical engineering favourably considered).
- Working knowledge of solar energy technology and projects.
- The ability to produce high-quality technical reports to predefined deadlines.
- Experience with industry-standard modelling software for PV systems.
- Working knowledge of BESS technology and projects.
- Considerable knowledge of the functioning of ancillary services in Kenya and the technical requirements for their provision (other African markets are also favourably considered).
- Competent user of main Microsoft packages.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- A flexible and proactive approach.
- Reliability and good organizational/project management skills.
- Valid driving license for use within Kenya
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to manage project work without supervision.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written, verbal)
- Understanding of technical and commercial aspects of renewable energy projects (including project finance).
- Previous experience working in consultancy and / or project development environment.
- Competence in understanding BESS contracts.
- Competence in understanding solar contracts.
- Familiar with BESS Project financial model technical inputs.
- Previous experience in the development, construction and operation of BESS projects (both stand-alone and integrated with renewable energy solutions).
- Previous experience with BESS test inspection, witnessing and verification (FAT, SAT).
- Previous experience in the development, construction and operation of solar energy projects.
- Sales experience in conducting lenders or acquisition technical advisor assignments.
- Sales background in battery technology.
- Sales background in solar PV technology.
- Foreign Language skills.
- An understanding of the key technical and commercial aspects of BESS projects in Commercial and Industrial Market
- An understanding of the key technical and commercial aspects of solar projects.
- Familiar with BESS modelling and forecasting (e.g. energy output, cycling, load profile calculation performance analysis, degradation forecasting, revenue streams stacking, among others).
- Experience in Solar PV yield prediction software, e.g. PVSYST.
Closing Date : 9th June, 2020