Nanga Farms Ltd
NANGA FARMS LTD
Nanga Farms Ltd is a large irrigated sugarcane estate situated 25km North East of Mazabuka in the Southern Province of Zambia. The company is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group and its main activities are the cultivation of 2,860 hectares of sugarcane and the rearing of 1 ,400 head of cattle. The Company employs approximately 1,100 employees at peak season. The company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position:
SHERQ & OFFICER
Reporting to the SHERQ Consultant, the main purpose of the job is to implement and administer corporate occupational health, safety, environment, risk and quality and CI management systems within the organization as follows:
Inspect workplaces and workplace equipment to ensure they meet safety regulations and to identify hazards and risks.
Ensure that all works conform to organizational procedures, safety standards and statutory requirements.
- Ensure personal protective equipment is being used in workplaces according to policy.
- Conduct training sessions for management, supervisors and workers on health and safety practices and legislation.
- Foster and facilitate the implementation and embedding of continuous improvement (Cl) principles and practice.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Minimum of Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Health or its equivalent
- Minimum of five years post qualifying experience in a similar position
- Good interpersonal and technical skills, personal organization as well as high level of integrity are required
- Should be 30 years and above
- Must be computer literate preferably with experience MS Word and Excel
Candidates who meet the above specifications should apply before 20th December, 2019, enclosing their detailed CV (together with references), and copies of educational and professional qualifications, contact address, phone number and email address to: [email protected]
Nanga Farms Ltd
P. O. Box 670079
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]