Twiga is a mobile-based supply platform for Africa’s retail outlets, kiosks, and markets stalls.
Execution of work against plan
The job holder will execute predetermined work processes as defined by:
- Assign planned work for execution to expected standards to Site Supervisors, DC MHE Operators, and DC Processing teams.
- Achieve the desired KPIs within the shift activities against Supply and Demand plans and attain Space Utilization plans.
- Deliver and drive efficiency through utilization of resources & monitor process adherence and measure the performance efficiency within the Distribution Centre.
- Measure process adherence and report on the performance metrices within the shift in the DC.
- Reconcile the stock position of the assigned shift while ensuring stock uptime while minimizing losses and shrinkage.
- Automate all applicable processes by presenting a business case for consideration.
- Develop processing plans and optimize resource allocation within agreed standards.
- Manage infrastructure and equipment maintenance schedules and activities.
- Enforce compliance with relevant regulations and by conforming to Twiga’s quality, environmental, food and safety requirements which are instrumental to facilities management.
- Comply with all organization policies, procedures, and statutory guidelines. Minimize and mitigate risks to the organization and enforce zero-tolerance to non-compliance.
- Close gaps/lapses identified as an outcome of audits; risk and/or any other compliance review; investigations; or other assessment mechanisms and take corrective/preventive actions within the agreed timelines.
Team & Self-management
- Engage, coach, manage and motive the team.
- Model Twiga’s culture and way of working and inculcating this within the team.
- Deliver the performance objectives set for the team. Hold monthly 1-on-1 performance reviews with the individual team members, and with own line manager, and institute corrective action where performance falls below expectation.
- Proactively manage the teams’ and own learning and development
- Adhere to the annual leave plan agreed with the line manager.
- Adhere to people management polices.
Product and Asset Management
- Receive, reconcile, and report on the products and assets received within agreed SLAs.
- Verify and confirm all product and assets are accounted for, verified, recorded, and reported by the team before releasing them at the end of the shift.
- Hand over, reconcile and report on the product and assets returned to facility at the end of the shift, within agreed SLAs.
- Promptly escalate issues to the line manager and propose solution(s) for approval and implementation.
- Maintain custody of all relevant documentation in the format and standard set. Keep record of labor utilized.
- Utilize organization systems as provide, capture accurate and timely data to enable sound decision making and actions.
- Present comprehensive, accurate and informative reports with trends, insights, concerns, and recommendations clearly elaborated.
Minimum Qualifications And Requirements
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in business management, logistics, supply chain management or related field.
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally, you would have an established background in a Fresh Produce / Consumer Goods company in a Warehouse role.
- Have excellent organization & time management skills.
- Have exceptional numerical skills and an understanding of inventory management .
- Be familiar with warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Possess leadership experience, ability, and willingness to manage a diverse team of staff.
- Be willing to work anywhere in the country.
Closing Date : 30 June. 2023