Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for an experienced, vibrant and self-starter to fill the following Positions;
SPONSORSHIP COMMUNICATION COORDINATOR X 1 – KABWE (2 YEARS CONTRACT)
The Sponsorship Coordinator will manage all activities within the Sponsorship Area at the PA level and ensures that all processing of communications meet or exceed quality standards outlined in the Sponsorship Book and organizational guidelines.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinate the processing of quality sponsorship communications in accordance with established procedures and quality standards in the sponsorship book.
- Ensure that all sponsorship communications are verified for quality purposes.
- Communicate timely to PA staff on any updates/changes in the sponsorship management.
- Ensure that all sponsored children’s cancellations are verified in the field and validated.
- Ensure sponsored children records and other related documents are properly stored, managed and information access is as per data management policy.
- Maintain a zero backlog in sponsorship communication production by ensuring that all communications are cleared within the required period.
- Provide to-do-lists to community volunteers for collection of sponsorship data and communications.
- Technical alignment and editing of program area overviews and updates for the PA.
- Production and uploading of cancellation/graduation memorandums for affiliated children into child data.
- Knocking off of sponsor communications in child data and produce transmittal lists.
- A Degree in Development Studies or related discipline.
- 2- 4 years’ experience in the NGO sector.
- Willingness to work with children (including those with disabilities) and communities; and managing child-related programs and projects would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead others.
- Ability to perform under stress
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Knowledge of language, cultural beliefs and values of target community
- Initiative and innovative
- Report writing skills
- Participatory methodologies
- Good communication skills
- Problem identification & Problem-solving skills
- Team-playing skills
- Facilitation skills (meetings, workshops & seminars)
- Proficiency in computer packages
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to build good relationships with various community groups
- Ability to identifying the potential of community groups to deliver specific programs that promote the fulfillment of child rights
- Ability to lead through vision and mission and a personal commitment to children’s development and protection.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday 4th December, 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A, Off Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.