MaryBegg Community Clinic
POSITION: STOREMAN (1)
LOCATION: KABITAKA, SOLWEZI
PURPOSE OF ROLE
At MBHS, the storeman (medicines and consumables) works closely with the pharmacy technologist and /nurse in charge of consumables to ensure medicines and consumable stock numbers are maintained at acceptable levels and the quality of medicines is preserved whilst in the warehouse. He/she unpacks stock received from central stores and packs on shelves following FEFO and FIFO principles accordingly. Issues stock based on the report and requisition submitted by departments and unpacks stock into the warehouse and arrange for packed items to be dispatched to ordering departments accordingly. Warehouse pharmacy stock is stored in accordance with Mary Begg good storage procedure and all legal requirements for storing, handling and managing medicines in the warehouse are met and upheld at all times.
Our storeman conducts himself/herself in a professional manner and always demonstrates good customer service towards all MBHS employees and clients.
- Ensure that the warehouse floor and shelves are clean from dust, moisture and all areas are free from rodents.
- Ensure that no stock is kept directly on the floor without the use of pallets and also ensure that direct sunlight is not in contact with any pharmaceuticals.
- Receive approved report and requisition from departments and pack stock according to procedure for picking and packing which involves, taking items from the shelf, issuing stock on the bin card and placing in a container for the ordering department.
- Advice the unit leaders in charge of the Pharmacy and wards on items that are within 3 months’ shelf life for further action.
- Check received quantities against the delivery note for correct quantity, inspect goods for discrepancies and check expiry date to ensure stock received has a long shelf life then finally, pack all stock on shelves according to prescribed procedures. Query any discrepancies with the Internal orders controller.
- When stock is received in the warehouse, Update bin cards with received stock. Enter items in the specified field of the bin card with the date items are received, reference number, received from column, quantity received and finally indicate balance of stock by adding received quantity to existing stock using a red pen.
- Manage and maintain the manual bin cards and monthly Pastel/ Bin cards comparisons to ensure all inventory is accounted for. Report all discrepancies to the Stock Controller for action.
- Inform the Unit leaders in charge of consumables and Pharmacy when stocks have reached the reorder level for further actioning.
- Ensure daily room and fridge temperature is checked, recorded and is falling within the accepted range. Ensure temperature in the fridge falls between 2 to 8 degrees Celsius and room temperature ranges between 15 to 25 degrees Celsius and thermometers in place are functional. Document daily temperatures for the fridge and room.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Pharmacy unit leader /stock controller within your scope of practice.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply
- 2 – 3 years’ experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Good organizing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to details
- Ability to operate office equipment (photocopying machine and laminating machine)
HOW TO APPLY
State the position in the subject line of the email. Only a detailed Curriculum Vitae should be sent (we will ask for original certificates and registrations if called for interview).
Closing date: 19th January 2021.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be shortlisted and contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
To apply please visit marybeggclinic.bamboohr.com.