Lusaka Legacy Hilltop Retreat and Conference Centre
Lusaka Legacy Hilltop Retreat and Conference Centre seeks to employ a competent Stores Attendant
The Lodge is located in Meanwood Ibex Hill Off Great East Road. This scenic Hilltop location is perfect for any group function including meetings and conferences
Job Title: Stores Attendant
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager
The general responsibility of the Stores Attendant is receiving, handling, storing and delivering stock. Be responsible for verifying the accuracy of and accepting all purchased products into LLHCC to deliver an excellent guest service.
The incumbent shall also be expected to undertake any responsibilities as may be delegated by his or her supervisor.
Stores Attendant will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the daily operation of the all the store rooms.
- Receive and forward all goods and deliveries to the correct point of contact/Storage area
- Reconciling received items to purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Ensure the purchase orders and all stores requisitions are signed by authorised people and that the process has been followed.
- Responsible for verifying all goods arrived as per agreed purchase, delivery note and agreed quantity has been received.
- To ensure that any damaged or incorrect items is not received.
- Ensure that quantity requested and the quantity issued always match
- Notify the Supervisor of any low stock levels
- Identify and report any slow-moving items to avoid over purchasing
- Rotating stock and assist in conducting and recording inventory on a daily basis
- Maintain clear organised records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly
- Issuing of items to various departments using authorised requisitions.
- Ensure that all invoices are entered and posted in the system.
- Any discrepancies between manual count and the system data have to be checked
- Assist the Accounts department in finding out any cost discrepancies
- Work closely with purchasing to order and receive items and equipment
- Timely follow up on documentation of after-hours issues ensuring it is in accordance with internal controls and procedures
- Check stock against packing slips or invoices determining if there are any shortages, damages or missing items
- Assist in keeping all the store rooms, loading area clean and in orderly condition and day to day check on the storage facilities for upkeep and hygiene
- Adhere to all health and Safety procedures particularly relating to food and beverage items
- Ensuring compliance with local and company regulations regarding storage, safety and sanitation.
- Collaborations: All departments
Other skills / Success factors:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Understanding the functions and operations a Hotel.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of all items being stocked
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and other MS office packages
- Familiar is Materials Management System (MMS)
- Familiar with Inventory Management Software
- Excellent problem-solving skill
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate commitment to LLHCC mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to work as a team and be accountable for any decisions made.
Academic and Professional Requirements:
- Full Grade 12 certificate.
- Certificate in Procurement and supply
- Work Experience in the Hotel/Resort environment is a must
- Holder of a valid driving license
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]