Superintendent – Maintenance
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Superintendent – Maintenance.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the operations in delivering mobile equipment at budgeted availabilities and performance through robust execution of the approved maintenance strategy.
- Execute planned maintenance activities
- Execute planned inspections, component changeouts and corrective work to defined OEM and site standards
- Execute planned inspection and component changeout work within defined schedule (e.g. +/- 10% of hours)
- Manage unplanned maintenance activities
- Source labour and materials
- Execute unplanned maintenance activities to defined OEM and site standards
- Develop the skills and competencies of the work team members
- Learning and development plans undertaken for each work team member
- Competency assessments undertaken on work team members
- Manage costs within budget
- Undertake budgeted work to schedule
- Motivate required unbudgeted work
- Understand expenditure and future forecast spend against budget
- Develop and deploy health, safety and environment improvement plans
- Develop and regularly update workplace health, safety and environmental risk assessments
- Verify in field that critical health, safety and environmental controls are in place
- Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner
- Deploy Management of Change processes
- Initiate Management of Change requests and approvals for any plant and equipment change
- Deploy actions from approved Management of Change requests
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical / Mechanical / Industrial Engineering (preferred). Technical trade qualifications (minimum)
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia
- Minimum of 15 years mining experience
- Demonstrated experience in large multi pit operations maintaining large-scale heavy mobile equipment to OEM requirements, inclusive of large (50T) electric and diesel shovels, ultra class (300T) electric haul trucks and ancillary support fleets
- Demonstrated experience in leading multi skilled work teams
- Demonstrated experience in developing the skills and competencies of people
- Demonstrated experience in improving equipment reliability through quality control (QAQC) and defect elimination
- Demonstrated competency in fault finding and root cause analysis (RCA) applicable to large scale heavy mobile equipment
- Awareness of condition monitoring techniques inclusive of oil condition, thermography, vibration analysis, thickness testing, ultrasonic testing and machine health systems
- Awareness of asset management techniques including maintenance planning, shutdown management, budget development and cost management.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: A Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.