Purpose of Role
To monitor civil construction projects and oversee construction activities on site. To supervise all parties involved are performing as per standard par as outlined on plans/schematics.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Supervise all aspects of the project, from structural drawings, budgets and deadlines
- Carries out visual inspections of work progress.
- Ensures all work is carried out to quality and specification requirements and that documentation is completed on time
- Ensure the work being performed is structurally sound and of good quality as well following government regulations, address environmental issues and comply with local codes
- Responsible for the efficient, timely and cost effective delivery of assigned projects
- Generates risk assessments for the jobs
- Must be comfortable using typical construction power
- Provides reports to department manager, project engineers and others who monitor progress or make changes to plans.
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Certificate
- Must have a Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering or a related field
- Must have an EIZ certificate
- At least 5 years’ experience in civil engineering/supervisory position
- Knowledge in civil engineering technology may be required
- Knowledge and expertise in the construction industry
- Supervisor experience with strong leadership skills preferred
- Sound understanding of technical drawings, construction methods, standards and how they are applied
- Knowledge of established techniques and practices in the construction, maintenance and mine industry is required together with an ability to adopt methods to suit unusual circumstances as required.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of applicable Mine site standards and prevailing legislation
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby duties
- Working at heights
- Confined spaces
- Safety conscious
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.