Save the Children
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has been operational in Zambia since the 1980s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, health, HIV/AIDS, child poverty, nutrition and WASH. Therefore, Save the Children is looking for dynamic and self-motivated candidates to take up the roles stated below;
Job Title: Supply Chain-Intern (1 position)
Duty Station: Lusaka
Reports to: Programme Coordinator Supply Chain
Role purpose: To assist in procurement execution process and data capture.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Support daily procurement request execution, quotation acquisition, preparation of the competitive bid analysis forms.
- Assisting in the preparations of the payment vouchers.
- Minute taking during Procurement Committee Meetings
- Assisting in data capturing of the new supplier data.
The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Qualifications and skills
- Purchasing Management, Business Administration or related discipline combined with demonstrated professional work experience and understanding of relevant functions will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in a Purchasing and/or Stores environment with an INGO.
- Valid Driving License would be an added advantage.
- Should be accountable, ambitious, collaborative, creative and of good integrity
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at the same time, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be self-driven, honest, and have the ability to work well under pressure
- Child safeguarding principles to be upheld.
How to Apply:
Please send only your hand written application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been direct supervisor, through email to: The Manager Human Resource & Administration – [email protected]
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 3rd August, 2018. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Save the Children being a Child Safeguarding organization reserves the right to check (through references) that candidates being considered are suitable to work with Children.
Save the Children reserves the right to re-advertise if suitable applicants are not found.