Patents and Companies Registration Agency
The Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA) is a Statutory Body established to discharge functions connected with or incidental to five statutes namely: The Companies Act No. 10 of 2017; The Registration of Business Names Act No. 16 of 2011; The Patents Act – CAP 400; The Trade Marks Act – CAP 401; and The Registered Designs Act – CAP 402 of the Laws of Zambia.
In line with its Mission to provide customer-focused, efficient and effective business registration services, and protect intellectual property rights, PACRA is committed to supporting business growth by improving the Agency’s operational efficiency and reducing the time and cost of accessing its services for business.
In order to achieve this, PACRA is advertising for the following position:
SYSTEMS ANALYST – INFRASTRUCTURE AND OPERATIONS
To effectively support the PACRA business through the provision of timely, cost-effective, efficient and professional ICT Infrastructure and Operations services.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Information and Communication Technology Manager.
- To automate and orchestrate workloads across multiple servers.
- To support internal and external customers on multiple platforms.
- To serve as the first point of contact for handling infrastructure and communications issues.
- To provide guidance and recommendations for solutions that increase efficiency and reduce internal and external customer incidents.
- To ensure Desktop, LAN and WAN service availability and security levels are within the ICT Department’s Service Level Agreement margins.
- To ensure proper usage of all Computers, LANs and Wide Area Network systems.
- Working knowledge of Linux fundamentals / Windows Server Core fundamentals and knowledge of one scripting language such as Bash or Powershell is a must
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IAC) for IT Configuration, Deployment and Orchestration.
- Working knowledge of various DevOps Tools and Technologies.
- Working knowledge of Security standards and implementations.
- Working knowledge of Data Centre-based infrastructure components including physical and virtual networks.
- Automation experience with at least one configuration / deployment management system such as Microsoft Systems
- Centre, Puppet, Ansible, Salt or other such tools.
- Experience working with one of the following languages: ASP. NET and/or Node.js.
- Proficient with git and git workflows.
- Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment.
- Experience in working in an Agile fast-paced, DevOps environm ent.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience in Infrastructure and Operations Management.
- Professional certification in ITIL will be an added advantage.
Terms and Conditions of Service
Attractive Terms and Conditions of Service of the Patents and Companies Registration Agency shall apply for the position.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified and interested persons should email their application letters and detailed CVs with traceable references and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to [email protected] indicating the position being applied for in the subject line. Hand delivered or posted applications will not. be accepted.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 3rd April 2020.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.