Chemonics International Inc.
Development Works Here
Position Title: Systems Specialist (1 position)
Reporting: Systems Advisor
The Systems Specialist will provide in-country technical Systems Support for GHSC-PSM in Zambia to improve management information systems for warehousing, inventory, and distribution of public health commodities for the central medical stores, Medical Stores Limited (MSL). The Systems Specialist will be responsible for offering Support to enhance management information systems deployed at MSL, which include the Warehouse Management System (Warehouse Expert), SAGE 300 ERP, and system interface enhancements with the electronic logistics management information system (eLMIS), among others. The Systems Specialist will also provide technical Systems Support, include providing training support, helping in developing SOPs, and supporting the project with master data initiatives at MSL.
- Serve as the GHSC-PSM support lead for systems utilized by MSL, to include the Warehouse Management System (WMS) -Warehouse Expert, the ERP (currently Sage 300);
- Work with Systems Advisor to provide advice on MSL system integration with eLMIS integration, to include providing technical recommendations on interfaces (i.e. WMS – eLMIS interface, WMS ERP interface, data harmonization across systems);
- Provide technical Systems Support to MSL operational team on WMS (Warehouse Expert) system use, to include troubleshooting and training, and perform routine capacity and storage planning for SQL database and servers;
- Provide Systems support for system software and modules (modules, backup plans, number of users, type of licenses including renewal dates, hub interface, etc.) and infrastructure (hardware, software including updates as they become available, access points, terminals, Server support etc.) for all the Warehouse Hubs Countrywide;
- Help with training and formulation of SOPs on systems deployed at MSL for MSL operators;
- Provide technical Systems support for TransIT ePOD system to improve proof of delivery tracking, to include GPS and monitoring applications;
- Support operationalization of tools to collect volumetric data (i.e. Cubiscan) and support interface with existing systems (Warehouse Expert and SAGE 300);
- Assist MSL with Planning, coordinating, and implementing system security measures to protect data, software, and hardware for MSL systems against unauthorized access to prevent business interruptions;
- Provide help to MSL to monitor utilization of Systems/Server resources used at MSL to ensure even distribution for efficient business operation and help to maintain all issues related to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery;
- Provide support to MSL to ensure that the Warehouse Expert system can support GS1/serialisation initiatives.
- Provide Systems input into scopes of work for short-term technical assistance (STTA). Coordinate with Systems Advisor and technical consultants and review associated outcomes and deliverables to ensure quality and timely submission to the client;
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently;
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team;
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in consultation with the Systems Advisor.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, information technology, health information systems, or a related field required;
- Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in providing technical Systems Support in management information systems/ERP, with experience in supply chain preferred;
- Experience in designing training and capacity building programs, manuals, and materials for use on IT systems;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant System Administration experience;
- Advanced hardware and software skills and experience with data management and system integration. Should demonstrate advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, SAGE ERP and Microsoft SQL experience;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Strong project management skills and leadership and motivational abilities;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
Location of Assignment
- The location of assignment is Lusaka, Zambia with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and highest necessary qualifications to [email protected] by 17pm on October 13, 2020. Please include clearly the position in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.