WOODFORD SCHOOL LUSAKA LTD
Imiti Ikula Empanga
Woodford School Lusaka is a beautiful purpose built and co-education private school operating in Lusaka`s Kabulonga area. Our education service provides a 21st century learning experience to learners starting from Nursery up to Grade seven (7).
The school has rapidly grown to be one of the most respected names in the Zambian education sector serving the Lusaka community with a consistent record of outstanding academic achievement for examination classes.
Woodford School`s philosophy for education is built upon intrinsic African values of inclusivity, nurturing the high aspirations of every child, and the holistic development of all learners. ‘imiti ikula empanga’ is Woodford School`s motto, and this belief permeates through every aspect of life at our school. We aim to provide an enriching learning environment that empowers learners with appropriate skills, knowledge and understanding of a fast-changing world.
Woodford School Lusaka is a part of Rhodes Park Schools Group, a leading provider of private education in Zambia. Our schools enjoy membership to Independent Schools Association of Zambia (ISAZ) which provides excellent opportunities for inter-school competitions, tournaments and continuous professional development.
Successful candidates will be highly committed teachers with the drive, energy, qualifications and a passion to positively contribute to the growth of Woodford School Lusaka and their own careers. Their duties include, but not limited to:
- Taking responsibility for a primary class, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class;
- Working closely with the Head Teacher and colleagues to ensure the effective teaching and learning.
- Designing and implementing a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
- Planning and delivering lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation;
- Contributing to collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
- Creating inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust, respect and fairness;
- Selecting relevant resources and leveraging digital tools to support and enhance learning;
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil’s learning;
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
- Play an active role in the school’s extra-curricular programmes.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Full Grade 12 certificate with five (5) credits or better including English
- A minimum qualification of a Diploma in Primary Education and with 3 years experience teaching in a reputable school or;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education with experience in teaching Primary Grades will be an added advantage
- Holder of qualified teacher license from Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ)
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills essential to work closely with students, colleagues and parents
Woodford School Lusaka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including background checks with past employers. To learn more about our school, click here.
To apply for this opportunity, forward your CV and copy of professional qualifications to [email protected]. The closing date is Friday, 14th August 2020.
Only qualified individuals with own accommodation in Lusaka should apply.