National Breweries Plc
NATIONAL BREWERIES PLC
National Breweries Plc is Zambia’s leading producer and distributor of Traditional African Beer. Our affiliation to Delta Beverages gives our employees a sense of pride and that of belonging to one of the biggest international brewing companies in the world. The Company offers opportunities for all to learn develop and grow, whilst offering challenging career opportunities for lateral or vertical advancement.
We are inviting applications to fill the following vacant position:
TEAM LEADER – BREWING X 2
Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
- Monitor production processes from brew-house, ferment, up to vibro screening.
- Interpret and implement production plan for shift e.g. number of brews, volume of beer filtered.
- Manage the team to improve process quality and productivity.
- Ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Co-ordinate scheduled maintenance e.g. inspection etc.
- Facilitate effective team dynamics.
- Communicate effectively in the workplace through shift team meetings.
- Ensure application of administration systems and procedures.
- Administer conditions of employment for team members.
- Complete shift documentation.
- Order, track and control raw materials
- Identification of out of control situations from process monitoring
- Develop milling, ferment and process attendants
- Ensure a healthy industrial relations climate
- Comply with safety, health and environmental legislation and procedures
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
- Manage waste discharge from the brew house and ferment
- Comply with environmental legislation
- Lead production activities in accordance with the Manufacturing Way work practices.
- Plans, organizes and controls the utilization of Human Resource to ensure high productivity and minimum waste during shift.
- Performance management for the team.
This job is particularly suitable for candidates who meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering, Production Management or Science related fields
- Certificate or equivalent in Opaque Beer Brewing added advantage
- Computer literate, Experience with Manufacturing Systems, Experience with Safety Systems.
- Knowledge of SAP is added advantage.
- At least 2 years working experience in FMCG industry.
- Reliable, Trustworthy, self-disciplined and Hardworking.
- Ability to work within timelines and under pressure.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested persons should send their applications and CV’s not later than 22nd November 2019 to;
The Human Resource Specialist
National Breweries Plc
Sheki Sheki Road
PO Box 35135
Email address: [email protected]
(Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to & all attachments should be in a single PDF File.
Kindly state the position in the subject line)